What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone burn a DE Star Wars rom for slam?

Big Phil

Site Supporter
10 Years
Alias
OTWBigPhil
Can someone burn a DE Star Wars rom with the latest code and bring it to the slam?

I promise I won't put it in the wrong way around this time! :oops:

More than happy to do one, however left on the big slam roadtrip last night :(

I can always do one on return, or Luke has said he can do one as well... :)

OK so,
i have the chip. But can't find the code (presume you want the 1.04 code?). Its not listed on the stern website anymore. Can anyone send me a copy? i leave here early afternoon so if someone can get me the code i can burn it.

Surprised it's not online?

Think this is it: - http://www.pinballcode.com/

I'll be wandering around in my NERG polo shirt. The black one, not the pink one. Failing that, the NLP posse. Appreciate it! Thanks!

That's the one. The link it points to is dead though. Hopefully someone has a saved copy somewhere they can send me.

Stern have released a statement today, saying that only people who purchase the "Star Wars LE" package will be eligible to use the 1.04 ROM

The Star Wars LE package will be available from your local distributors in May for £1599

The package will include the following enhancements as common with other LE titles in the Stern lineup :-
1) 3x special Stern "high grip" pinballs
2) 3x Stern "lightweight" drop targets"
3) Blue painted side rails
4) T-molding for the backbox
5) A complete operations manual with none of the pages missing
6) A metal "Limited Edition" plaque, which will need to be fitted to your DMD panel at a 7 degree angle relative to the horizontal plane.
7) Brand new instruction cards, with "Do not hold the flipper buttons for more than 30 seconds" clearly displayed

Once you have purchased and installed the LE kit, you will be given a special intermediate 1.03b ROM set, along with a vague promise that you might get the 1.04 ROM at some undetermined point in the future

Sorry guys. I'd hit the road before this got posted. I'll happily do it after the slam if you still need it?

Not even a slight snigger at the "high grip pinballs"?

That's some of my best material going to waste :rofl:
Made me snigger! Had to re-read it a few times after trying to work out why that lot would cost £1,599 but then I got the joke ;)

As for burning ROMS what sort can you do? I just discovered my Vector has a custom home ROM in it (version 5) which is rather nice, but the web site it came from also lists a more recent version 10. I'm fairly handy with electronics and an oscilloscope, and with the right kit I'm I could do it. But I had a quick 5-minute look on eBay and ROM burners cost from around £50-60 so it would be a fairly substantial investment just for a single ROM. Also, the old-school EEPROMs seem a bit pricey - I guess they're not made any more? Are there modern equivalents?

I charge £3 for the actual EPROM and £3 for programming each one. Plus p&p.
Hi Andy. Ooh! That's much more reasonable!

So for a Bally Vector is it one or two EPROMs (U2 and/or U6)? Would you be able to do the original Bally firmware as well as that latest v10 for Vector? It was you who pointed me in the right direction regarding my question about the "05" in the Player 1 score display at switch on so I assume you know your stuff!

If it was 2 x EPROMs then for both the original and v10 would be £3+£3 x 4 = £24 plus something like £3.95 P&P = £27.95? If I had the v10 ROMS I wouldn't need v5 any more so would you consider part-exchanging the actual chips back?

I can only supply the versions available on ipdb. which appear to be the original version and V5. Version 10 is not possible, as it requires an eprom convertor to a larger size that i am not prepared to get into.

Back
Top Bottom