What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone build wireforms from scratch ?

SeikoKid

Site Supporter
Im after a prototype wireform to be created to fit within 3 fixing points to replace an existing piece but be shaped differently and add in a additional fixing leg. If anyone can help or knows where I can go for this please could you get in touch

Thank you

Try copying this fella,

I tried stick welding but even at the lowest arc current of 20amps it was too easy to blow through the 3mm stainless wire - I would expect TIG to be more controllable. I expect the commercial assemblies are cross wire resistance welded but I don't have access to such equipment. Gas brazing was a bit more successful but only after I got some flux intended for stainless steel as the chrome content produces oxides that the regular fluxes won't remove and then it doesn't flow. However the best results so far are using silver soldering with a 440 flux coated silver solder and HT5 flux powder from CuP Alloys. The required temperature can be achieve with a decent butane torch rather than the hotter MAPP gas torch and there is much less discolouration and potential distortion of the wire. Also gives more chance of adjusting things if the alignment isn't right first time. :
View attachment 250214View attachment 250215

I've made a template of the finished wireform that I can use for bending the wires but I'm still wrestling with how to jig the parts for the assembly process. I've made some pieces that can be used to wedge the wires against the rings from the inside either side of the rings, but currently looks like it would need a couple of well trained octopuses (octopi ?) to hold it all together! Suggestions always welcome.

Thanks - I had a chat with him but it’s not really practical for him
right now - I’ve attached a vid to hopefully explain what i’m trying to achieve

Thanks - I had a chat with him but it’s not really practical for him
right now - I’ve attached a vid to hopefully explain what i’m trying to achieve

Have PM'd you as have an idea on how to sort this out for you.

Back
Top Bottom