What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can any jukebox owners provide some help please?

Mfresh

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
I've got a nice Rowe Ami R-86 jukebox , but the problem is that I can't keep the front door closed. The machine has two gas springs/ struts that are meant to raise the door, and when you lower it it is supposed to latch shut I assume. My machine has a latch lock and key, but the lock is only connected to a wire which in turn is connected to a small metal thing which rotates. But that's it. I am sure that there is a whole latching mechanism which is supposed to be there but which is missing.

Can anyone tell me what is supposed to be there, or maybe provide a photo of what it is meant to be like.

Otherwise, short of lashing the machine shut with a ratchet strap any suggestions as to make my own system to keep the door shut?

Thanks!

Paul

Does the front door drop down when opened, so hinged at the bottom?
Mine does. It has 2 latches either side to keep it closed. They do snap easily though as I’m down to one!!

My whole front door raises up like the boot of a hatchback.
Underneath that there is another panel which covers the big bass speakers which is hinged at the bottom and opens outwards and down. That has got two large brass latches to keep it shut.

That bottom panel has the lock, and a little brassy thing whcih I am sure is meant to engage with something in the main door...

Here’s a random pic I found. Not the best but zoom in and you might see it. Basically a bracket with each end bent at 90d and pivots in the middle
95EA8BCE-8573-433F-99E2-A94834B49A7C.png

You cant buy the parts needed to lock this jukebox if you do not have them.
I suggest removing the struts and keeping a broom handle to hold the lid up when you need to lift it up.

Here’s the latch on the sides of the machine. The lock mech is missing on mine also. I just have some metal wire attached to what should be attached to the lock barrel.

245C64A3-E3EF-45D4-ADC6-85069F50B889.jpeg30D8EAF4-1C1A-4B06-82A9-4C25C6D316B0.jpeg4486C085-528E-45AD-90C5-72C9834927DB.jpeg2695A300-49AE-4944-AD6B-3883C09AA6EB.jpeg21965A9F-83E4-4275-8E2D-C3FC27B3076D.jpeg

Thanks Gaz! This is REALLY helpful. I have got the thingy in your first picture, and the arrow head things, but not the rest. I can't quite see from your pictures how they are all connected. Can I call you sometime to talk through it? If so maybe you can PM me your phone number?

I've seen these for sale - I wonder if that's the bits I'm missing:

1600290210453.png
They look the same as what you have....

Paul

That looks like them Paul. Absolutely. Give me a call. I’ll pm you my number mate. I don’t start work until 1700 hrs tomorrow so feel free to call.

Back
Top Bottom