What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call for UKPP tournament volunteers

Moonraker

Site Supporter
Unfortunately tournaments don't run themselves. In order for the tournaments to run smoothly and avoid complaints of delays or accusations of cheating we need more volunteers to step forward.

Last year I had about 15 volunteers per session (approx. 45 people), this may be in part because I emphasised on the tournament registration page. This year Martin had a tickbox option on the registration page (defaulted to no). The result is we have 15 volunteers in total...

So if anyone else is willing to help then please let me know click on -> @Moonraker and start a conversation. All help is really appreciated by the team running the tournaments but there aren't enough of us to do it on our own!

A very big thank you for everyone who has volunteered so far, it is much appreciated. I hope to be in touch by email with session times later on today.

I have been asked what is involved? Well subject to the new technology working... zapping an image (QR code) on the pinball machine, zapping the image on the players badge and typing in their score then pressing accept.

Also keeping an eye out for anyone cheating (typically re-starting a game or walking off without the score being recorded).

You would do this for 3 or 4 machines. Normally time flies and most people find it a fun thing to do, meeting new people and recording their scores.

Thankfully there is very little cheating that actually happens, most people are very honest with their scores plus there are normally other players around to raise the alarm if they see something untoward.
It also depends on numbers of volunteers - if many then one hour per day or low numbers then two hours per day. I also try and work round any wishes of the volunteers eg playing times in the competition and the NBA challenge.

Peter,

Pinged you a mail - i'll come see you/desk when i'm there... :) Not sure exactly when this will be, however i'm playing in the last session, so before then :)

Paul

Back
Top Bottom