What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! C220B coin mech

darren_ross

Registered
Coin mech for bally williamd games to take new pound coin.

I have 2 that have been recalibrated to take the coin and now they just won't work. Need the mech for tomorrow aswell. Can pick up if fairly localish.

Thanks
1523470431771237597373.jpg
here is my ****ty coin mech that was recalibrated. The thing is i had 2 done! Not happy at all

Hi,

I see that the new £1 coin is assigned to channel '5' of the acceptor. If you're using it in a Wpc game, is the interface pcb in the cabinet set for '4 coin' rather than '8 coin'?

Hi,

I see that the new £1 coin is assigned to channel '5' of the acceptor. If you're using it in a Wpc game, is the interface pcb in the cabinet set for '4 coin' rather than '8 coin'?
Thanks for the reply.
I never gave it a thought to be fair. Is this adjusted with the dip switches on that board?
I managed to get the thing to take the new pound coin about 50% of the time. It has no problem accepting 20p 50p though.

Yes, one of the switches selects 4 or 8 coin operation. AIR from top to bottom they're Accept or Inhibit All, 4 or 8 coin, Enable or Inhibit 7 & 8, Enable/Inhibit 5 & 6, then individual controls for 4 down to 1

On a side note... If anyone needs any of the 220B's or C120's programming i can.... :)
(Just thought i'd get that in there... Apologies!)

The issue may be bad programming - If it was programmed using the "trial" coins that were out there then be aware that the "released" ones vary from those... and there's also differences between the 2016 and 2017 £ coins, all be it minor. I always program and test with a mix of 2016 and 2017, which gives around a 95% acceptance rate :)

On a side note... If anyone needs any of the 220B's or C120's programming i can.... :)
(Just thought i'd get that in there... Apologies!)

The issue may be bad programming - If it was programmed using the "trial" coins that were out there then be aware that the "released" ones vary from those... and there's also differences between the 2016 and 2017 £ coins, all be it minor. I always program and test with a mix of 2016 and 2017, which gives around a 95% acceptance rate :)
I might have to take you up on this. They were done with either very early coins or the test coins. Maybe this is the issue.
Alan has sent me one now so will see how i get on

More than likely - there's a load that were very early adopters and had (have) issues. Mutterings went out when the first ones were released and people were complaining that they werent accepted... Is shocking really!

a compnay buys up all my unloved mechs and note acceptors ie the ones not economic to convert . they used the trial pound to convert 100s of mechs only to have to do it again. because of the new pound which came in wihout any compensation to the amusement or vending industires hundreds of machines have gone to landfill as too old or obsolete to update and noone will buy them unless the seller covers the update so anything worth less than £40 is going to be axed and that is 98% of gaming machines

If my recollection is right, and the 50 and 20 pence coins (channels 2 & 3) are accepted, then the switches are On except for #'s 2, 3 & 4. That would be 4 channel, with 5 thru 8 Inhibited. I'd try changing #2 and #4 to On. #3 would enable the post 2011 10 pence on channel 8

edit - looking closely at the pcb shows screening on it which seems to confirm the above

Last edited:
If my recollection is right, and the 50 and 20 pence coins (channels 2 & 3) are accepted, then the switches are On except for #'s 2, 3 & 4. That would be 4 channel, with 5 thru 8 Inhibited. I'd try changing #2 and #4 to On. #3 would enable the post 2011 10 pence on channel 8

edit - looking closely at the pcb shows screening on it which seems to confirm the above

I never realised that you had a coin enable/diasble on the board... you learn something new every day!!! :thumbs:

At the time that the old pre-decimal 10 pence was being phased out, Williams used to ship u.k. games with a small in-line adaptor pcb added to the acceptor. On this board there was provision for up to four jumper 'headers', to link the paired channels (1 & 5, or 2 & 6, etc) with the 'old' and 'new' coins (or not). I couldn't see the point of using these on pins, and had a parts bin full of them. On some of the video games, the frame of their small coin doors used to dislodge the connector from the pcb if care wasn't taken opening or closing the door

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom