What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted C220 mounting bracket

PaulTAF

Site Supporter
Hi
I have a TAF fitted with a mounting but it's not big enough for my c220 coin mech so I'm thinking of replacing the existing mounting with one suitable. Anyone have one they don't need ? TIA

Have you got a pic Paul?? Sounds like it's not a C220 mount - i suspect maybe a C120 (Which is the wrong door for the machine)???

Have you got a pic Paul?? Sounds like it's not a C220 mount - i suspect maybe a C120 (Which is the wrong door for the machine)???
Hi Paul
Yeah I know its wrong but was hoping to fix the correct mounting for the c220 mech I've got.

Hi Paul
Yeah I know its wrong but was hoping to fix the correct mounting for the c220 mech I've got.
I dont think it will physically fit.

C120 is short, so the coin return is higher. C220 is taller, so the coin return would be lower.
I suspect you _Could_ convert a C220 into a C120 (I have never seen anything that would allow you to adapt, however to be fair i've never looked!), however the other way around it would probably be easier/cheaper to replace the door :)

I dont think it will physically fit.

C120 is short, so the coin return is higher. C220 is taller, so the coin return would be lower.
I suspect you _Could_ convert a C220 into a C120 (I have never seen anything that would allow you to adapt, however to be fair i've never looked!), however the other way around it would probably be easier/cheaper to replace the door :)
Oh bugger. Thanks for the info Paul
In that case does anyone have a door for a c220 coin mech lol

Hello,

A couple of things to bear in mind - games fitted with a C220 (or Sentinel as I still think of them) have additional components on the 'Door Interface Board' in the cabinet, a C220 wouldn't work with the interface as I see in pictures of your machine. If it's still like that, you'd need to change or upgrade it, as I did at the time when converting games from mechanical 'S 10' to C220 doors.

And even then, an o.e. C220 installation wouldn't get around having five different coin values, from 10 pence to £2, as the Wpc board-set has four coin inputs. It was okay for duplicate coin values, such as the new and old 10 pence coins while they were both circulating, but not five different values. If you're set on that, then one method would be an additional coin interface or 'credit' board, placed between the coin acceptor and the machine's own wiring; this (rather than the machine's own settings) controls the price of play, and signals to the machine via one coin input, on a flat 1 coin/pulse, 1 credit basis.

Last edited:
Hello,

A couple of things to bear in mind - games fitted with a C220 (or Sentinel as I still think of them) have additional components on the 'Door Interface Board' in the cabinet, a C220 wouldn't work with the interface as I see in pictures of your machine. If it's still like that, you'd need to change or upgrade it, as I did at the time when converting games from mechanical 'S 10' to C220 doors.

And even then, an o.e. C220 installation wouldn't get around having five different coin values, from 10 pence to £2, as the Wpc board-set has four coin inputs. It was okay for duplicate coin values, such as the new and old 10 pence coins while they were both circulating, but not five different values. If you're set on that, then one method would be an additional coin interface or 'credit' board, placed between the coin acceptor and the machine's own wiring; this (rather than the machine's own settings) controls the price of play, and signals to the machine via one coin input, on a flat 1 coin/pulse, 1 credit basis.
Thanks for the advice 👍

Back
Top Bottom