What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying at The Pinball Party

kevlar

Site Supporter
Alias
Kevin Donovan
This year will be my first time going to the Daventry event and I'm wondering wether to expect lots of pinball stuff for sale there. Also wether you can get a bargain there or prices tend to go up? I'm thinking things like general spares, coils, LEDs, chrome legs, posters etc.

At the first one I went to were a few machines, nicely priced. I remember a LW3 failing to sell for 500 ono and Pinbot not selling for something like 350 ono.
How sweet lady time changes things.

A lot fewer machines were for sale last year if I recall. I was gutted as there was an alleged EATPM going to be up for grabs but I don't think it ever happened.

Andy will likely have his stall there stocked with a ton of bits, bulbs, rubbers, bolts, screws, balls, random plastics. In between fixing up a million and one game errors
HE IS A MACHINE.

Don't remember seeing any legs for sale.

1Stoppinball may be there too, I believe they sell LEDs

There's often backglass poster reprints and translites and such available. Gary Flower and his Stern Swag.

It's a good weekend. Carry a good bottle of water, dress appropriately for a crowded, heated room in the middle of Summer and, god forbid, go outdoors once in a while for a walk and some fresh air and you'll have a grand time.

Shows like the UKPP and Slam are directly responsible for my rekindled passion, they're a great place to play all the best games, as well as helping me meet an absolute ton* of new friends.
Watch out for those tourney players though, they're a miserable bunch ;D

*two

I am missing my old EATPM, listerning to you talking about one has rekindled my love for the game and I think I am going to see if the guy who I sold it to wants to let it go.
I thing its a cracking game and with the Mistress of the Dark in all her glory whats not to like.
I might even go as far as to say its better than Scared Stiff. In my book anyway.
Elvira Rocks.

I agree. It's pretty much my "grail" game, so to speak.
Dunno if I'll ever get hold of one, but I'd take it over SS for sure.

On the face of it, SS looks the better game. I do have to agree that the funk of EATPM just cant be beaten however. One of the greastest non dmd games ever.

This year will be my first time going to the Daventry event and I'm wondering wether to expect lots of pinball stuff for sale there. Also wether you can get a bargain there or prices tend to go up? I'm thinking things like general spares, coils, LEDs, chrome legs, posters etc.

General spares - yes - maybe not legs if ya want them I would order them from Andy before ya get there.
Bargain pins?Nowadays?Doubt it or we would all get them!

Our shows are kick ass - the only downer is we don't have all the vendors/flea markets like the States do - I would spend a friggin' fortune of I went to them!!

Gary flower will prob have a few posters/translights etc,and Steve sells poster prints on epay - and he will be there - tho not with a stall - ask he may bring em along

Holy crap, this thread is old! I hadn't been into pinball long when this thread was active. It was Steve Brum's posters I was after, not Steve Ritchie :D.

Back
Top Bottom