What's new

Buying and shipping from coinopwarehouse USA

Big Phil

Site Supporter
Alias
OTWBigPhil
I don't know if you follow what's up for sale from CoinOpWarehouse but there's a lot of pinball and arcade items posted on a regular basis on the facebook page: -

https://www.facebook.com/coinopwarehouse/

James Brindle aka RGP is organising a container to get a bulk lot shipped over so if you're interested, snap something up and contact James.

He's been doing container shipping for the last 7 months or so from another supplier in the US and has just started with CoinOp.

I'll sure he'll jump in here and give more details shortly.....

Reactions: RGP
We have been shipping vintage jukeboxes for the last six years. My first container was from coinop. Shipping if using a good shipper is pretty straight forward and usually can be delivered and unloaded where requested

I just purchased this from said seller yesterday(not coin op, the other guy) I'm sooooo excited to get this. It's been on my wanted list for years and I never thought I'd get to own one. The service RGP offers is fantastic and enables us to get our hands on some rare games.

IMG_6752.JPG

I just purchased this from said seller yesterday(not coin op, the other guy) I'm sooooo excited to get this. It's been on my wanted list for years and I never thought I'd get to own one. The service RGP offers is fantastic and enables us to get our hands on some rare games.

View attachment 40687

AWESOME. Good work soldier :clap:

You will probably pay that for a rough ish one by the time you have done. These need to be nice and rust free internals to be worth doing. We have spent many a hour on these. Good luck with your search though if I can be of any assistance just ask

I'm going to use them to ship something back soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to use them to ship something back soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, I asked Phil to make the post as I didn't want something about shipping to be my first post on here. Just thought i'd jump in and say that i've been shipping stuff in container loads now for about a year (started collating around January and shipped our first in May and done a total of 5 so far.

I do this as a service not just for myself to share with others to split my own costs down so don't worry about when the next one will be, i'll keep running them until there's no more need. All the video game guys who've shipped through me have so far been satisfied. I'll be the first to admit i've a bit of a backlog of jobs i've offered to do for people on arrival but any straight through shipments have had no hiccups.

I've started doing a container from CoinOpWarehouse as well to let everyone take more advantage of the bargains that are there and a shorter route into the UK.

All shipments are fully insured and duty declared right up to my door in Blackburn. I have a large warehouse so unloading isn't a problem and we're used to handling all different types and sizes of machines.

I can keep your machines for a short while until they can be collected but please try and collect sooner rather than later - i'm pretty flexible so just ask if there's something specific.

I know a lot of you will know me from the events but i'm terrible with names so i'm hoping by joining on here as well i'll get to know some of you better rather than just a "hi mate" at a show :)

If you want to buy something from CoinOp, just buy it direct from them and pay them first. Let them know it's going in James' container and then tell me what it is and how much you paid in USD (for duty purposes) and i'll confirm it with them - this is what they've asked me to do to ensure everyone knows what's happening. They have about 17-20 container loads on the go at any one time so its not possible for them to always keep track of individuals but their shipping customers are smaller in number.

I have a fairly lengthy post over on UKVaC about all this from early last year, i'm sure a lot of you know about it.

A 40ft container can take about 44-46 standard sized games - in video games this is 65cm x 85cm (the height isn't important). I have to work in these spaces to maximise the capacity on the container. I think most pinball's folded down will fit that width (or near to) at least for the backbox, I think the depth might also fit that space - can someone advise. The CoinOp guys have been doing this for years so will pack machines in safely for transit.

Pinball machines can get expensive and can attract a fair bit of duty from UK customs. The price is £395 GBP per standard sized machine upto a value of $1500 USD - from CoinOp that shouldn't be a problem as most are priced below this level. If buying from a private collector I appreciate its usually a lot more. For anything over there's the difference in duty above $1500 - eg a $2000 purchase carries a $500 taxable excess at 20% in GBP - working on 1.25:1 would add £80 GBP on top of £395.

I can, and am very happy to massage this formula and settle on a higher threshold and set a price for that so that the absolute bulk of anyone's pickups would fit.

I went through the discussion of "can't you just figure out the duty for my item" with loads of the video guys privately but ultimately we figured a standard fixed price worked better on average.

When I looked around to compare, it seemed to be about £500 just to land an item at the port on top of that you'd have to pay duty and more often than not a release fee.

Smaller items that might pack around things I can price accordingly. There's almost nothing I won't ship (that's legal of course) - just not vehicles - there's too many import complications on arrival.

CoinOp sell video games, pinballs, juke boxes, pool tables, darts machines and various signs and other vintage amusement stuff - grab whatever you want and i'll happily get it to the UK for you.

First one from there should I hope be leaving around end of February/early march at the rate it's filling up.

Please ask anything you want, i'm happy to help.

Hey everyone, I asked Phil to make the post as I didn't want something about shipping to be my first post on here. Just thought i'd jump in and say that i've been shipping stuff in container loads now for about a year (started collating around January and shipped our first in May and done a total of 5 so far.

I do this as a service not just for myself to share with others to split my own costs down so don't worry about when the next one will be, i'll keep running them until there's no more need. All the video game guys who've shipped through me have so far been satisfied. I'll be the first to admit i've a bit of a backlog of jobs i've offered to do for people on arrival but any straight through shipments have had no hiccups.

I've started doing a container from CoinOpWarehouse as well to let everyone take more advantage of the bargains that are there and a shorter route into the UK.

All shipments are fully insured and duty declared right up to my door in Blackburn. I have a large warehouse so unloading isn't a problem and we're used to handling all different types and sizes of machines.

I can keep your machines for a short while until they can be collected but please try and collect sooner rather than later - i'm pretty flexible so just ask if there's something specific.

I know a lot of you will know me from the events but i'm terrible with names so i'm hoping by joining on here as well i'll get to know some of you better rather than just a "hi mate" at a show :)

If you want to buy something from CoinOp, just buy it direct from them and pay them first. Let them know it's going in James' container and then tell me what it is and how much you paid in USD (for duty purposes) and i'll confirm it with them - this is what they've asked me to do to ensure everyone knows what's happening. They have about 17-20 container loads on the go at any one time so its not possible for them to always keep track of individuals but their shipping customers are smaller in number.

I have a fairly lengthy post over on UKVaC about all this from early last year, i'm sure a lot of you know about it.

A 40ft container can take about 44-46 standard sized games - in video games this is 65cm x 85cm (the height isn't important). I have to work in these spaces to maximise the capacity on the container. I think most pinball's folded down will fit that width (or near to) at least for the backbox, I think the depth might also fit that space - can someone advise. The CoinOp guys have been doing this for years so will pack machines in safely for transit.

Pinball machines can get expensive and can attract a fair bit of duty from UK customs. The price is £395 GBP per standard sized machine upto a value of $1500 USD - from CoinOp that shouldn't be a problem as most are priced below this level. If buying from a private collector I appreciate its usually a lot more. For anything over there's the difference in duty above $1500 - eg a $2000 purchase carries a $500 taxable excess at 20% in GBP - working on 1.25:1 would add £80 GBP on top of £395.

I can, and am very happy to massage this formula and settle on a higher threshold and set a price for that so that the absolute bulk of anyone's pickups would fit.

I went through the discussion of "can't you just figure out the duty for my item" with loads of the video guys privately but ultimately we figured a standard fixed price worked better on average.

When I looked around to compare, it seemed to be about £500 just to land an item at the port on top of that you'd have to pay duty and more often than not a release fee.

Smaller items that might pack around things I can price accordingly. There's almost nothing I won't ship (that's legal of course) - just not vehicles - there's too many import complications on arrival.

CoinOp sell video games, pinballs, juke boxes, pool tables, darts machines and various signs and other vintage amusement stuff - grab whatever you want and i'll happily get it to the UK for you.

First one from there should I hope be leaving around end of February/early march at the rate it's filling up.

Please ask anything you want, i'm happy to help.

Welcome to the forum James ....and massive thanks :thumbs: !

The ability to buy games relatively painlessly from the US is just what my bank account didn't need to hear :D

Sgt GrizZ / South Coast Slam Ive

Hi James, good to see you here and top job offering this up. :thumbs:

Do you do everything through facebook?

Hey Jon

CoinOp only has a facebook presence really. It becomes a bit of a feeding frenzy when they post something new up there.

I do all my contacting through forums and email and phone.

I'm happy to keep an eye out for things people want, its just that you have to do a really quick decision as most things go really fast. I can usually ask for a hold but too many that I have to release and he'll get a bit annoyed as it blocks other buyers.

I've done things where people give me a thing to find and a price maximum and then I can usually grab stuff pretty fast that way.

Their facebook page is public, so if you're not a facebook guy then you can still view their stuff but you can't post anything to say you want to buy.

Thanks James. Just been browsing and it prompted me to log-in via the wife's account, so I've took that over (!) and sent them a message for one machine I'm looking for in particular and appears more available in the US. I'll PM it to you too in case they mention to you or you see it. Cheers. Pint or two your way when see you at the next show. :thumbs:

welcome James

a great service being offered here plus a chance (maybe!) of some of rarer games coming into the UK. Will certainly take a look at what Coin Op Warehouse have going!

Thanks James. Just been browsing and it prompted me to log-in via the wife's account, so I've took that over (!) and sent them a message for one machine I'm looking for in particular and appears more available in the US. I'll PM it to you too in case they mention to you or you see it. Cheers. Pint or two your way when see you at the next show. :thumbs:

The best way to secure anything on CoW is to go on the photo they post and just put "I'll take this please" or something similar. I've found that if you just message them then you're likely to miss out as their mailbox is less monitored than the alerts they get direct off people writing on their posts.

I don't know if you follow what's up for sale from CoinOpWarehouse but there's a lot of pinball and arcade items posted on a regular basis on the facebook page: -

https://www.facebook.com/coinopwarehouse/

James Brindle aka RGP is organising a container to get a bulk lot shipped over so if you're interested, snap something up and contact James.

He's been doing container shipping for the last 7 months or so from another supplier in the US and has just started with CoinOp.

I'll sure he'll jump in here and give more details shortly.....
Already got a machine lined up and waiting. Thanks James for this awesome service!

Theres plenty of machines that haven't sold, just look through the photos and read the comments. Or just be quick on the reply button to say you want it.

RGP, pm'ed you but just wanted to know if you knew anyone who could ship something from Toronto to your drop off point?

Neil.

Neil, will answer your pm later tonight, just be aware it will likely incur cross-border duty from Canada to the USA but I can get it done.

Back
Top Bottom