What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Buck Rogers, high speed, sorcerer, paragon, grand lizard etc

scottydoesntknow

Site Supporter
10 Years
Hi all, thinking of giving a late 70s 80s pin a go only ever owned Flash Gordon, never played any others, just sold desw so have some space wondering how easy these pins are to come by as I haven't seen a Buck Rogers for sale in years!
I like the look of
Gorgar, paragon, sorcerer, grand lizard etc if anyone has any they would like to move on please let me know thanks Scott

Last edited:
Try to get a paragon. A truly fabulous game. I adore mine. After Addams, the last I would sell. Fantastic art. Superb playfield. For its era, great gameplay. The sounds are very crude, they will put some off. But it is the late 70s.

Try to get a paragon. A truly fabulous game. I adore mine. After Addams, the last I would sell. Fantastic art. Superb playfield. For its era, great gameplay. The sounds are very crude, they will put some off. But it is the late 70s.
Yeah the art looks amazing, forgot that was a late 70s pin I think Buck Rogers maybe to so i have added late 70s into my wanted ad thanks Scott

I was nervous about paragon's sound at first. But the reality is that the squawk and talk games that followed had limited background music anyway. The sound on xenon, centaur, fathom gets very frantic and just seems to get faster with ball duration

Paragon makes noises when you do stuff and I quite like that. With paragon you enter this big playfield, low and slow gameplay (like all early ss ballys), superb pre linear flippers

Last edited:
Hi Scott, I have a nice Grand Lizard which I don't really want to sell (because its awesome) but would be up for a swap for a few months, years etc. Mad jungle sounds and art work with 2 magna saves, what's not to like. PM me if its of interest :) I also have a Sorcerer (but its not mine) and a Medusa but its not fully working at the moment!

Hi Scott, I have a nice Grand Lizard which I don't really want to sell (because its awesome) but would be up for a swap for a few months, years etc. Mad jungle sounds and art work with 2 magna saves, what's not to like. PM me if its of interest :) I also have a Sorcerer (but its not mine) and a Medusa but its not fully working at the moment!
Awesome I'll let you know as I may look out for a 2nd one plus would be good to try a few out, medusa is of the list as I brought a medusa today! Will be a nightmare if I get into the 80s machines as I wouldn't know what to sell from my collection now, would prob have to be rfm but I have just done the mypinballs conversion with LCd screen etc but lost interest since completing it!

Awesome I'll let you know as I may look out for a 2nd one plus would be good to try a few out, medusa is of the list as I brought a medusa today! Will be a nightmare if I get into the 80s machines as I wouldn't know what to sell from my collection now, would prob have to be rfm but I have just done the mypinballs conversion with LCd screen etc but lost interest since completing it!
Hi Scotty
I'd be very interested to hear about and see the Medusa you've just got...perhaps in the Look what I've just received thread? I picked one up a few weeks ago and I'd be keen to hear how yours is going. Best, John

I second @DRD's vote for PARAGON. Not that I'm biased just because I've got one too, but it is BEAUTIFUL and AWESOME ;) Although the sound is simple, basically electronic chimes on steroids, it's very nicely done and doesn't grate on your nerves or hearing. Some games (yes, BK2K I'm looking at you...) just have the most awful screechy migraine-inducing audio.

And if Bowen Kerins reckons it's "brutally difficult" then it should keep you challenged for quite a while:

Last edited:
Hi Scotty
I'd be very interested to hear about and see the Medusa you've just got...perhaps in the Look what I've just received thread? I picked one up a few weeks ago and I'd be keen to hear how yours is going. Best, John
Hi john no problem at all I'll let you know when I get it, thanks Scott

I second @DRD's vote for PARAGON. Not that I'm biased just because I've got one too, but it is BEAUTIFUL and AWESOME ;) Although the sound is simple, basically electronic chimes on steroids, it's very nicely done and doesn't grate on your nerves or hearing. Some games (yes, BK2K I'm looking at you...) just have the most awful screechy migraine-inducing audio.

And if Bowen Kerins reckons it's "brutally difficult" then it should keep you challenged for quite a while:

Looks awesome really want one now! Just need to shift my rfm as I can tell the Mrs I did a trade that way

Back
Top Bottom