What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Bubbler jukebox conversion number 2 - iPod to VINYL

Pick Holder

Site Supporter

Well here is the next project.

This is called a Sound Leisure Manhatten Xi jukebox.

Totally useless in 2019, as it has an iPod (with the old 30 pin connector) that feeds the speakers and video comes out on the screen if you were lucky enough to have a video iPod back 15 years ago!

Currently it is black and white, but thinking about getting it resprayed something completely individual.

Looking for a vinyl jukebox now to put inside this cabinet now. Not got one presently but hopefully soon will have (eBay being looked at an awful lot).

SO - ideas on paint job. I would rather keep the back black but the door and panels can be coloured.

Positive points - have the correct button bank, as well as decent plastics and good bubble tubes.

Negative points - have to fabricate a title page unit from a few old ones!

Well - last 3 week I have only spent 10 hours on this machine, due to personal illness - a death in the family - and the day job!

Here is the naked frame - waiting to go to the paint shop (along with other bits).

57419273951__FEB352F8-9029-49A5-AACA-4071855D19B1.JPG

Have decided to go Piano black for the colour. Very simple but classy.

More rakes of parts shown up from sound leisure - have to work on an interface board for the page turner.

Also found an old hideaway and wallbox on ebay for the other internal bits.

s-l1600.jpg

Think I paid a bit over the odds for it - but really needed it to complete project.

IMG_7715.jpg

IMG_7716.jpg
IMG_7717.jpgIMG_7718.jpg

Installed the new backing at the top behind the mech.
Fitted new holding board for the mech.
Installed PCBs and amp
Shortened speakerbox for woofer. Tweeters will be mounted within the door later.

Have to make a rake of custom cables now to interface the keypads on the door when it gets back.

Why not just put a Sonos connect into it replacing the iPod line in and have all the music you’d ever want?

What’s the amp like In these? Decent quality of cheapy cheep?

Hello Jim @myPinballs - I just sold a digital nostalgia jukebox with 40,000 tracks in it.

The reasons for me are:
1 - I like vinyl singles - yes I would rather have 70 singles than 40,000 tracks!
2 - Prefer the visual look of a bit of vinyl being selected and played
3 - The value of a vinyl bubbler is about £6K used (nearly £9K new), a CD one is £2.5K used and an ipod one less.

The amplifier is a 60 watt per channel running into a dual cone woofer and two mids and two high drivers. It is a bit of an old fashioned design amp, so its mosfet. Was thinking about adding a valve preamp.....

It will have a line in that will take a touch screen PC or wall mounted juke - have not decided which yet

Last edited:
Okay - I can not believe I have not updated this thread.

Here are some finished photos....

Only turned this on a few minutes ago so the bubbles are not going all the way up the vertical tubes... Just noticed whilst uploading.

Also my fingerprints !!! I think I will get the polish out over the weekend.

Anyhow. Here the pics.

IMG_8641.jpgIMG_8642.jpgIMG_8643.jpgIMG_8644.jpgIMG_8645.jpgIMG_8646.jpgIMG_8647.jpgIMG_8649.jpgIMG_8650.jpgIMG_8651.jpgIMG_8652.jpg

Back
Top Bottom