What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BTTF DE: Solenoids & flashes stopped working

SBDESIGN

Registered
We just had a baby, and the only machine I can get to with al the house renovations going on is BTTF.

Started playing with my 2 year old, first time in ages.
2 games in and suddenly noticed all solenoids (except flippers) and flashers had stopped working,

Typical, Im not at work and volt meter is there.

Does anyone know what fuse to check, and what plug this will be on the PSU, so I can inspect.

Anything else I should be checking first?
Thanks

Thanks for that document.

It looks like a good start point.
Looking at this it’s all flashers & coils.

Flippers work including hold.

Im no expert but from that chart it looks like I need to take a close inspection of F6 one PPB & F6,F5 on PSB

Is there a single fuse that can make all flashers and coils not work?

Last edited:
Check all the fuses then maybe check whether anything has power. Maybe a wire has come loose in the chain. You’re looking at the fuses I’d have started with.

Everything visually seems ok
I’m going to stop stabbing in the dark and come back once I collect meter from work to test these things properly.

In the mean time, is there anyone on the forum who services power supply’s?
Could do with ui plug changed but would like to get the full thing capped and checked over

@Moonraker @PinIB

The back box fuses: one had blown, Ive swapped them, and of course no longer have game lights, but have flashers and coils instead.

One other issue, I may make a new post for was:

On turn on, and before ejecting a new ball...
The 3 bank of targets seem to pop up about 4 - 5 times (the targets are up, but the coil keeps going) before the next ball is ejected

Any idea on this issue.

Again, with pins Im a novice. A presumptions nI have is perhaps a switch in the bank is still on, so it keeps firing thinking a target is down?
thanks again for your help.

On turn on, and before ejecting a new ball...
The 3 bank of targets seem to pop up about 4 - 5 times (the targets are up, but the coil keeps going) before the next ball is ejected

This normally happens when they require a clean, that is each individual drop target...! Once cleaned this problem should go away. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom