What's new

Sold BSD

Kram2

Registered
Bought this last month off here and likely paid to much for it.

Sold as a players quality machine . Very average refurb job so it has got some shiny bits on it

Needs dailing in. Here’s some observations

Left ramp diverter sticking ( ive just stuck a rubber band on it to prove it works )
Shooter lane coil on the weak side
Some kind of botched repair job on the left ramp. Should be possible to clean the glue off it to improve this
Scoop has some kind of protector on it. This has a raised edge and needs looking at

I can take any additional photos of specific areas if anyone wants

Attachments

• 95F8FC6C-2F5F-4EB2-80E6-EED9A2B437B8.jpeg
    95F8FC6C-2F5F-4EB2-80E6-EED9A2B437B8.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 156
  • C73992EB-63CF-44A8-ACF8-1BA1F50C6AA7.jpeg
    C73992EB-63CF-44A8-ACF8-1BA1F50C6AA7.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 5C5B6087-65EB-4862-9AE9-58E17AF831B8.jpeg
    5C5B6087-65EB-4862-9AE9-58E17AF831B8.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 142
Looks ok, not every game can be a minter. Did you inspect before buying?

No didn’t inspect in person and paid full asking ffs. I wasn’t going to link the previous description / ad and my observations were intended to give a fair ‘ flavour’ of the pin

I have made two quick improvements all ready. I ‘ removed’ the additional homemade ramp decals and I turned the pictured switch round 180degrees so that it’s now possible for the ball to travel under it and make the ramp . The switch just trapped the ball previously

The pin shoots ok and BSD is one of my favourite classics, but I have a tendency to just move on, my hearts not in this one.

Attachments

• 2077C7C6-1654-4089-9557-424AE2AE1768.jpeg
    2077C7C6-1654-4089-9557-424AE2AE1768.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 3674A318-03BF-4184-867F-AA6F2D046862.jpeg
    3674A318-03BF-4184-867F-AA6F2D046862.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 69
Was interested in this last time it was up for sale,but was out of my budget,did i as a know nothing newbie have a close escape or was it priced right ?

Was interested in this last time it was up for sale,but was out of my budget,did i as a know nothing newbie have a close escape or was it priced right ?

Id be more comfortable selling this to a seasoned pin owner as i think it defiantly needs a bit of tweaking . Not really doing myself any favours as far as selling it I’m I

I bought the STTNG that’s next to it off here too and it plays absolutely stunning . Just shows how well a pin from the same era can shoot with the appropriate tlc

Open invite to shoot the BSD for any forum members. And prob a good way forward

Thats a very honest observation Mark and hats of to you.

I got myself the t3 that was on here a couple of weeks back ,people say thats not a great stern game but im new to all this and enjoying the t3 as is my 11 year old lad.I would love another bally / williams game in my collection (collection lol, i have a total of 2 pins pmsl ) .

I got myself the t3 that was on here a couple of weeks back ,people say thats not a great stern game but im new to all this and enjoying the t3 as is my 11 year old lad.I would love another bally / williams game in my collection (collection lol, i have a total of 2 pins pmsl ) .

I love T3 definatly a great choice for a first pin. Traded one in once and have always missed it. Any you may have noticed you beat me to the sale on here. Ha

I bought the STTNG that’s next to it off here too and it plays absolutely stunning . Just shows how well a pin from the same era can shoot with the appropriate tlc

I'd recommend checking that it has the correct parts in the flipper mechanics. I also made the unfortunate mistake of buying a machine from Pinball Uk (for more than double what you paid) and within a week the game was completely unplayable due to the incorrect linkages in the mechs. I'm quite certain that Colin doesn't even play a single game on the machines he 'refurbishes' as all the ramps were completely loose too. Never again.

I'd recommend checking that it has the correct parts in the flipper mechanics. I also made the unfortunate mistake of buying a machine from Pinball Uk (for more than double what you paid) and within a week the game was completely unplayable due to the incorrect linkages in the mechs. I'm quite certain that Colin doesn't even play a single game on the machines he 'refurbishes' as all the ramps were completely loose too. Never again.

Mmmmmmmm thanks for that. Not sure I really have the appetite to look!

Anyway I’m going to give the game a bit off a going over , a couple of springs , a few hex screws , vacuum cleaner and a cloth should go a long way with this one.

Mmmmmmmm thanks for that. Not sure I really have the appetite to look!

Anyway I’m going to give the game a bit off a going over , a couple of springs , a few hex screws , vacuum cleaner and a cloth should go a long way with this one.

There's a Facebook group for pinball machine repair. Just post pics of the mechs and ask if they look right. Or on here even.

I agree 100% with your comment, even though I still have the pin, it needed a few items sorting out so it would play properly

I agree 100% with your comment, even though I still have the pin, it needed a few items sorting out so it would play properly

The thing I'm most annoyed about is that he took the backglass out and demo'd the machine working without the translite in, which I thought was odd. Very odd. I mean I'm stood there playing it with the backbox bulbs glaring in my face. He switches it off and puts the backglass in, takes his money and leaves. I switch it back on......HUGE scratch half the width of the translite that wasn't visible with the machine switched off. Seriously cheap move. Why he couldn't have just come clean and offered £50 off I'll never know. I suppose the same reason he won't spend a couple of quid for flipper rebuild kits. Just chuck the old bits in the tumbler, nobody will be any the wiser. Noobs, **** em.

Been working through issues all day

1. Left ramp diverter now operating ( additional spring added to aid 100% return to extend position)
2. Left ramp cleaned up / squared with Dremel - now allows passage of ball freely ( it was as though someone attempted to flame polish the ramp then accidentally melted the frikin thing then compounded it by chucking resin filler all over it. God knows). Cosmetic only now
3. Right ramp flap height adjusted flush with the ramp. Most ramp shots rejected previously
4. Left scoop cliffy type protector now reasonably level with the Playfield. Not perfect but much improved
5. New correct length spring added to the left hand magnet gate. Gate now opens up allowing the ball to enter so Mist multiball now plays both directions
6. Swopped out as many screws to factory ones as I had in my possession and nipped up many more
7. Instruction cards . Attempted to wipe a smudge off and it wiped the ink off. Both removed. Boy these were secured more firmly to the game than the ramps were ffs
8 . Vacuumed all the debris from the Playfield
9. Fitted yellow posts to the ramp entrances in place of the scruffy ones
10. Replaced the lamps in the coffin for red leds

Still to do. Only 3 out of 6 target switches are currently registering Will strip out and clean tommorow
A few lamps are out. Will replace with incandescent as original.

So getting there and can at least look someone in the eye when I sell it. I should add yesterday was only the second time I’ve switched the game on since taking possession due to being busy

Photos to follow when I’ve finished

The left gate spring is a factory error. The spring with the correct part number is to short so it has to be over stretched. I replaced mine with a metal wire

That was my old T3. It's a beauty for sure :)

^^ This. I had a similar thing happen. Although most of the machine was as described, there were still issues that I had to sort myself.
Never again.

The left gate spring is a factory error. The spring with the correct part number is to short so it has to be over stretched. I replaced mine with a metal wire

Wow fancy installing wrong springs from factory, suppose they didn’t have Amazon back in the day to fix it. Anyway as posted above it’s working apart from 3 target switches .

This is obviously damaged goods on here because of where I acquired it ,so asking price dropped accordingly to 1.5k and that’s as bigger hair cut as I can stomach at this point.

Is it possible to change the thread title to “BSD project 1.5k” ?

That's a lot of pinball for £1500. Great deal for someone. And yeah you can edit the title, think you have to click thread tools or the like

Man, that's really **** that you could lose that much money on it in such a short space of time. Put it on eBay with an honest description and I'm sure you'll get more than that.

Man, that's really **** that you could lose that much money on it in such a short space of time. Put it on eBay with an honest description and I'm sure you'll get more than that.

Once I’ve made up my mind. That’s that. My preference would be to sell this to someone experienced as it needs a good look over. I’m sure it’s not just the easily accessible nuts that were loose,

That was my old T3. It's a beauty for sure :)

^^ This. I had a similar thing happen. Although most of the machine was as described, there were still issues that I had to sort myself.
Never again.
Yep loving the t3 thus far, Hud delivered it and what a lovely gent he is,

Back
Top Bottom