What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brexit Strikes.

Game On

Banned
Just ordered 275 Euros worth of spares from the Pinball center Germany. Just had a customs duty bill from UPS £47.33 + "£11 UPS Handling Fee. What fools voted to leave the EU Grrrr!

That sounds correct EUR275 -> GBP 236.65 (GBPEUR 1.162) plus VAT @20% GBP47.33 plus the UPS handling charge as they used their deferment account to pay VAT on entry.

Make sure you weren't charged German VAT as well.

David

I did a recent post brexit order from pinball center and no german VAT was charged. That was about 250 euros.

I would rather the UK have 20% vat than the german government!

If I was the prime minister I’d scrap VAT completely! How’s that! Vote RUSS

I think its the handling fees that is the issue, if the EU seller doesn`t charge the VAT then fair enough you pay it to the UK but then another 20% on top of the VAT for UPS to collect it :(

If the goods are under €150 the seller will charge UK VAT and send the items. You don't pay any more.

If the goods are more than €150 then they don't charge VAT but the VAT is due on entry to the UK. The shippers use their deferment account (they have to have twice the amount of VAT being paid in a special account) to pay the VAT on entry to the UK and then charge the recipient a nominal fee to cover their costs - DHL "The charge is currently £11.00 or 2.5% of the total Duty and/or VAT incurred, whichever is the greater" - i.e. £11 or 0.5% of net goods which ever is higher, assuming no duty.

David

If the goods are under €150 the seller will charge UK VAT and send the items. You don't pay any more.

If the goods are more than €150 then they don't charge VAT but the VAT is due on entry to the UK. The shippers use their deferment account (they have to have twice the amount of VAT being paid in a special account) to pay the VAT on entry to the UK and then charge the recipient a nominal fee to cover their costs - DHL "The charge is currently £11.00 or 2.5% of the total Duty and/or VAT incurred, whichever is the greater" - i.e. £11 or 0.5% of net goods which ever is higher, assuming no duty.

David

When you put it like that, it seems so simple :cool:

Back
Top Bottom