• The Shadow

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters

replicas

Site Supporter
Alias
Nipper Pinball
As from a earlier post today.
Which of the above machines do the rate to be the best ?

I'm shocked its leaning towards Drac atm, I borrowed one for a while and it is great, but there's so much more to the shadow.

Owned both, Drac is still here but Shadow has moved on. Both great games each with a cool magnet trick but Drac is better IMO.....the rush from getting the multiballs stacked is better than anything in Shadow :)

And shooting wolves is the coolest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've only played both a few times, and the first time I played BSD it was so poorly maintained that at that point I thought it was the worst pinball ever. But I've played a couple of crackers since and found it highly enjoyable. The theme wins for me (Tom Waits, Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder are depicted) and I like that even though it's a supernatural horror theme it's mostly blue not black. The daggers thing on Shadow is a clever feature but after watching a video about how to a 7-loop combo I was kinda disheartended by just how ruddy complex it is!

Great tutorials videos on PAPA.org:

https://papa.org/2012/12/03/bram-stokers-dracula-tutorial/
https://papa.org/2012/12/03/the-shadow-tutorial/

Back Street Dude (in a coffin) for me. Sorry Kev. Had two and 6 years use. First one cost £250. Back of the net, Goal !

Have owned both, there's no contest. The Shadow lasted 7 weeks in my collection (most of that time dumped in my garage folded up). I have only just sold my BSD to a local collector, so I'm still able to go round for a few games on it :) I love playing BSD, especially when I eventually get those three multiballs running together.... Thiiiirrrrty Million!

As for the Shadow, it's the only game that says ANAL BATTLE on the playfield. :eek: Horrible translite, horrible call-outs, and clunky gameplay too. :(

another one here that's owned both and prefers Drac. Shadow is still a winner in my book, and i'd probably own one again quite happily, and i totally understand the reason for this thread, as they're similar games in that you can play 9 games on them that last under a minute, followed by one that lasts 20 minutes .... and it's that one that keeps you coming back for more, hoping to see it again. But Dracula wins, based on the video mode and the sound, and the fun factor. i love Tim Curry but he's the only fun part of The Shadow, i'd like it even more if he was the lead character.

gif fat guy dancing or something.gif gif fat apron ownage.gif

A difficult one this:hmm: I own a shadow and like the game play,has some great dots,I also like Dracula the sounds on it are ace and the vid mode is cool ... Hmmmmmtheres only one way to find out....FIGHT!!!!

Owned Shadow, loved the game. Want to own BSD, love the game. Both can be brutal as feck but I give a a slight edge to BSD for the thirty million call out. Don't manage to stack everything too often but when you do... what a rush!

Winds,winds, winds!

Vince, Vince, Viiinnnccceeee!!!!!!

I also like Dracula the sounds on it are ace

+1 the concubines moaning with each pop bumper hit...what other game has that! Also got some of the coolest quotes in a pinball game:

"I just want to cut off her head and take out her heart"
"Listen to them, the children of the night"
"I am the monster that breathing men would kill"
"Blood is too precious a thing in these times"

etc etc, I quite like BSD :D

The callout during myst multiball.....well what is he screaming? is it vince? for ages I thought it was Mmmmoouuurrreeennnn!!:rofl: its so unclear.

Both fantastic games, 2 of my favourites, very very tough to decide. I think Shadow has more variation, but Dracula has one of the best multiballs in all of pinball, perhaps only beaten by Creech. Had 2 Drac's, both have gone, where as Shadow is still here. I think it boils down to, I only really play Drac one way, which granted is glorious (30 miiiiiiiiillllllliiiiiiooooonnnn). But Shadow, it's just brilliantly designed, you can play it for modes and final battle, battlefield all day, vengeance all day (managed 2.6 billion just playing vengeance!), inner loops all day, multiballs all day, all with brilliantly balanced scoring that makes all options viable. I love them both, but for replayability, I think it has to be Shadow.

Owned both, no contest, BSD wins hands down, Shadow just does not come together for me, once you click with BSD it's a keeper, needless to say I still have mine.

Whaaaaat?? Ok drac is a cool game I give it that but TS is miles better , miles and miles better...
The three games Brian eddy designed MM AFM and TS well two of them get hailed as the some of the best games in pinball, in my opinion TS is better than both of them. The magnet lock is awesome the divertes are inspired , the wall target and multiball start is off the charts, it flows soooo well round the orbits and the shadow loop when it gets going is great, battlefield!!! Battlefield is one if the best toys in pinball... The humour the sounds, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ALL???? Progression through the modes and the final battle wizard mode is off the hook...

That is all I , and those that voted for drac are wrong and you all should go hug a theater of magic or something ;)

Cheers will

Back
Top Bottom