What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Bram Stokers Dracula šŸ§›ā€ā™‚ļø

Dave Playman

Site Supporter
Alias
Retro Dave
Iā€™m looking for my next pin and want to put the feelers out for a BSD.

Looking to see if anyone has one they are thinking of moving on now, or in the near future.

Must be fully working and in good clean condition please. Ideally not a faded cabinet but would consider if the rest of it is really nice.

Iā€™m not looking for a half finished project / or fixer upper. Basically a nice players game and upwards please.

Thanks!

Amazing game. Mine will never be leaving. The difficulty is what makes it endlessly fun to play. They can be a nightmare to fix when they go wrong though.

Good choice, one of the best games of the nineties, way better than T2 in my opinion.

BSD has some buggy code things go on and is a bit tempremental too...
Mineā€™s been pretty reliable in the 5 years Iā€™ve owned it, Iā€™m not aware of any bugs in the code?

Good choice, one of the best games of the nineties, way better than T2 in my opinion.

Mineā€™s been pretty reliable in the 5 years Iā€™ve owned it, Iā€™m not aware of any bugs in the code?

thanks. Yeah I was seriously considering T2 but having thought about it and read advice from others, Iā€™m worried it wonā€™t last long. I love the Dracula theme too. Iā€™m a big horror fan so the theme sits well with me.

Am I right to assume itā€™s the mist multi ball thatā€™s a problem to fix? Or something else?

I wish I could tell you the answer but I still haven't quite fixed mine yet (mainly due to lack of time). Its to do with the way it counts balls and loads them into the Mist area. It's a much more complex machine than it appears at first glance. The diagnostics aren't that helpful either.

I wish I could tell you the answer but I still haven't quite fixed mine yet (mainly due to lack of time). Its to do with the way it counts balls and loads them into the Mist area. It's a much more complex machine than it appears at first glance. The diagnostics aren't that helpful either.
Interesting šŸ¤”
Is this a common problem with this game? Any thing else I should look out for when buying? Iā€™ve heard this table is prone to planking, and LEDs affecting the mist optoā€™s.
Thanks for the advice so far.

Interesting šŸ¤”
Is this a common problem with this game? Any thing else I should look out for when buying? Iā€™ve heard this table is prone to planking, and LEDs affecting the mist optoā€™s.
Thanks for the advice so far.

Yes there were two different manufacturers of the playfields. One is prone to planking and is the most common. Its labelled under the metal apron that holds the ruleset cards, either LS or SP. SP (Sun Process) is the more desirable. Mine is LS (Lenc Smith) and is absolutely fine though. Look out for Credit Dots as an indicator of potential problems (although not necessarily always true).

Yes there were two different manufacturers of the playfields. One is prone to planking and is the most common. Its labelled under the metal apron that holds the ruleset cards, either LS or SP. SP (Sun Process) is the more desirable. Mine is LS (Lenc Smith) and is absolutely fine though. Look out for Credit Dots as an indicator of potential problems (although not necessarily always true).
Thatā€™s sound advice! Thanks for that šŸ‘šŸ¼I didnā€™t know those differences šŸ˜

Thereā€™s a recent home brew competition ROM patch on VP Universe:

ā€”ā€”ā€”
Revision L-2C (revision L-1 patch)

The ball saver is paused on pop bumper action.

The Mystery awards a fixed 500K points.

Adjustment A.1 26, Tournament play, defaults to Yes.

Adjustment A.1 28, Min vol. override, defaults to Yes.

Comment

The ball saver adjustment is unchanged. Range Off - 15 sec with 2 sec default.

ā€”ā€”ā€”

Just so youā€™re aware.

Back
Top Bottom