What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Bram Stokers Dracula - £2150 with free shipping

Pinball UK

Registered
The machine has been redecalled, new plastic set, new coffin lid, new bumper caps and lane guides, custom inside side art. New flipper mechs, bats, and eos switches. Metalwork has been tumble polished. Siderails, lockbar and backbox PCB mounting board high polished. Playfield cleaned, polished, rerubbered etc. One leg slightly bent and some cosmetic imperfections on main ramp. Fully working but sold as is, no warranty implied or given.

£2150 with free shipping to mainland UK exc Highlands and v remote areas (please check with me). Please PM or email info@pinballuk.co.uk

P1020904.JPG P1020905.JPG P1020906.JPG P1020907.JPG P1020908.JPG P1020909.JPG P1020910.JPG P1020911.JPG P1020912.JPG P1020913.JPG P1020914.JPG P1020915.JPG P1020916.JPG P1020917.JPG P1020918.JPG P1020919.JPG P1020920.JPG P1020902.JPG P1020903.JPG

I can't help sorry as it came that way. It says Quarters so obviously American

@Pinball UK I noticed that you have sold yet another machine on the forum, not sure how many machines you have sold over the years but much more than most. And still no donation made to the site for all the sales you have made.
This forum relies on donations from its members to keep going and it's the done thing to make a donation from any machines sales that are made.
If you did your selling on eBay which is the next best way to sell a machine to the pinball community it would have cost you a fortune in selling fees. Just think of that the next time you are wanting to sell a machine on the forum.
I just hope I have shamed you enough to make a donation to this fantastic forum the next time you are selling.
This site doesn't run on fresh air and any help to keep it running is appreciated.

I have donated in the past when I was selling more machines on here. But of the machines I have listed in the last year or so, only a couple of them have actually sold through the forum, and that includes these recent listings. I have now sold a machine directly through the forum listing today, a matter of a few hours ago. So it is a bit early for you to be judging and attempting to "shame" me. Out of interest, I don't recall seeing posts like this on the listings of anyone else who sells a machine without immediately making a donation. I am disappointed but not surprised that this was done as a public attempt to "shame me" rather than just sending me a PM if you felt that strongly.

I know for a fact you have never donated to the forum. Not on the last TEN machines you have sold through the forum anyway.
And you don't see posts like this because every other seller makes a donation, maybe it's because you only use this site to sell machines.
Why should I PM you ? The whole point about this post is to shame you into making a donation to the site you just use for selling sub standard machines to the UK pinball community.

But of the machines I have listed in the last year or so, only a couple of them have actually sold through the forum, and that includes these recent listings. I have now sold a machine directly through the forum listing today, a matter of a few hours ago. .
Which one machine are you talking about ? This Dracula ? Or maybe the Starship Toppers..? Or maybe the Ripleys belive it or not ? All marked as being sold through this forum in the last few days ? I make that three machines you have sold not one.

I suggest you get your facts straight before making defamatory comments on here. I have donated to the forum previously and have been listed as a site supporter. And for the record there are plenty of people who sell machines on here who are not listed as site supporters. I mark machines as sold when they are no longer for sale. That does not mean they have been sold through the forum. I have other means of selling machines and dont make a living from just selling machines on this forum. As for your remark about using this forum to sell substandard machines that is just wrong, and absolutely defamatory. And given that I have never sold you a machine I dont see how you can possibly make any assertions. But it shows why I do not often choose to post on here, given the vitriolic nature of the responses I get from a minority of forum users. As for why send a PM - surely a polite question as to whether I would be making a donation rather than a public attack of this nature would have been appropriate. I am not interested in a public slanging match so lets just end it now. I will not be bulled or shamed into anything.

Moderators - Given that this machine has now been sold can this listing please be closed.

I was always going to make a donation. But I do not appreciate attempts to push me into dong things, or lies and rubbish being posted about me on a public forum.

No but a donation of say £20 a pin is not a big ask really if people did not donate then they would be no pinball info and Paul and other support staff do a lot of work for no profit
If you really don't want to donate then just stick to your website which will also cost you more than a small donation on here

I was going to let this pass.... however i cant.

Chris B is THE single biggest supporter of this board, however ALL donations count. With an overall expecting running cost of £2.5k+ this year every single donation is Appreciated. Neither myself OR the other Admins/moderators get paid.... we do it for the love of this place (and the occasional ribbing from the rest of the staff)..

Whilst i don't expect and have not put anything in place to charge anyone (since it is against my beliefs, as everyone has the right to decide how much it is worth to them), personally i would not think it unreasonable that anyone that makes a profit by trading multiple machines on here frequently makes a reasonable donation.

Chris does - Why doesnt anyone else.

Makes me seriously consider if we should keep private sales free, however introduce a minimum charge per year for those running businesses (... it would probably work out cheaper for Chris!!).

However, currently we are where we are, and things work well at present. There will be changes over the next year, and i for one would like to hope that the current model we have is a good one for the future :)

EDIT : And thank you to all those that have contributed, and continue to contribute - You genuinely DO keep this place running! :)

As much as I really don't want to get involved in this thread I just wanted to point something out that might be important to your revenue. I have wanted to donate for quite a while and have attempted to do so on a number of occasions (even though I've never sold a machine on here). A number of times I've clicked on the link in your sticky thread on the homepage but the donation link always goes to a dead link so I've just given up and assumed the payments are down. I doubt I'm the only one.

Screenshot_2017-10-01-20-04-40.png

On mobile phone mate. The drop down menu link works. Its the link you've posted in your thread that doesn't. I'll post a screenshot...

Yeah the drop down tab link works ok and I also made a donation tonight. I actually tried to do so this morning by weird coincidence.
My user experience is that I predominantly use the site on mobile phone. I only ever hit the Home button followed by Recent Posts. I never ever use the drop down menu because its pretty redundant due to the low volume of posts. I am therefore aware of the sticky posts on the Home page, in particular the Donations sticky thread. So if I happened to sell a machine that is the first place I would visit. And find a dead link. Give up. Its literally only the fact that I've seen that Pinball Uk has been able to make a donation today that has made me explore the site further for other possible payment links.

The problem is exasperated by the fact that on that sticky thread you've also got a bunch of people saying "Made a donation", "Tried to make a donation but its broken", "Donated", "Broken" etc which makes it seem temperamental and not worth reporting when links are broken. Link needs fixing and comments disabling and a report fault funtion adding.

I was going to let this pass.... however i cant.

Chris B is THE single biggest supporter of this board, however ALL donations count. With an overall expecting running cost of £2.5k+ this year every single donation is Appreciated. Neither myself OR the other Admins/moderators get paid.... we do it for the love of this place (and the occasional ribbing from the rest of the staff)..

Whilst i don't expect and have not put anything in place to charge anyone (since it is against my beliefs, as everyone has the right to decide how much it is worth to them), personally i would not think it unreasonable that anyone that makes a profit by trading multiple machines on here frequently makes a reasonable donation.

Chris does - Why doesnt anyone else.

Makes me seriously consider if we should keep private sales free, however introduce a minimum charge per year for those running businesses (... it would probably work out cheaper for Chris!!).

However, currently we are where we are, and things work well at present. There will be changes over the next year, and i for one would like to hope that the current model we have is a good one for the future :)

EDIT : And thank you to all those that have contributed, and continue to contribute - You genuinely DO keep this place running! :)

I have never dealt with Colin Pinball UK but if he is a business using this site to sell his machines among private sellers/private sales then should he not be highlighted as a business in some way so that any newbies coming along can differentiate or we have private ads and business ads?? just my 2p :)

I guess that would require some sort of proof of being a legitimate business though? Tax registration? Companies House listing? Yes, sounds like a great idea to me!

Back
Top Bottom