What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Borrowing a playfield rotisserie?

David_Vi

Site Supporter
Alias
DaveTheTrain
Hoping to get a pf swap done in July (after Swavesey) and finished ready for Pinfest.

Never done one before and don't know if I'll do any more so I don't think it's worth me buying or making a rotisserie (don't have the tools or gear either).

Would anyone have a rotisserie I could borrow for a couple months? Could return it at future events (Pinfest, UK open or others), or bring it back depending on location.

To be honest mate, it's a nice to have but not 100 percent necessary. I've done all mine on two saw horses.

Don't have those either, I barely have anything but pins and a worktop🤣

Just want to make it a little bit easier.

Hi David,
Essential in our opinion. You can borrow ours. But not until after the bally/stern ss restoration season is over in October. As currently in constant use until then. Currently with Xenon……..
All the best with it , great to hear you are having a go!🤩 Cheers Keef……
image.jpg

Hi David,
Essential in our opinion. You can borrow ours. But not until after the bally/stern ss restoration season is over in October. As currently in constant use until then. Currently with Xenon……..
All the best with it , great to hear you are having a go!🤩 Cheers Keef……
View attachment 173727

Would be appreciated! Originally we were going to do it after the UK open in Oct so will definitely take your offer up if I don't get one for July, or decide to do it without!

David

When I did my PF swap, I made up two and had the old and new PFs side by side.

Some of the DIY efforts online are very nice, but a bit complex with pipe fittings/welding mounting points etc.

Mine were very basic but a couple of hours making them saved many more once the PF work started.

Really easy to make one:

I knocked one up today, need to make another. Cheap as chips with left over timber and angle.
Once the playfield is on I will screw some timber between them.

Attachments

• B6B06856-AD8D-4E2D-94CA-06585F7A973F.jpeg
    B6B06856-AD8D-4E2D-94CA-06585F7A973F.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 32
I appreciate all the pics of homemade ones and how they're made but I don't think I've got half the tools or expertise to knock one up. Plus the cost of tools and parts isn't really worth it for just one swap.

If you can make me one I'll pay for parts and labor😆

I knocked one up today, need to make another. Cheap as chips with left over timber and angle.
Once the playfield is on I will screw some timber between them.
I'd happily cover costs and then some if you could knock another up!

I did my ES swap with it just on the floor for the rear mechs and cables then just leant against a wall for the top side lol

Back on point(s).

Exactly like @russdx1 , I've done a full playfield swap on a MB on my dining room table initially, then leant against a wall without issue. A rotisserie may make it easier but isn't essential.

Nothing we do with pinball is essential. A rotisserie is certainly not required to avoid damage but it makes the work so much quicker and easier when you need to hold a part and then tighten or untighten from the other side.

Back
Top Bottom