What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOP switch problem

mark adams

Registered
Okay, so i have a bunch of switches not responding, top 3 bumpers, L & R slingshots, a spinner and the shooter lane switch.
Looked them up on Pintrix, The only common thing is J206 pin 5 and ic U20 pin 14.
Tested connectivity from U20 pin 14 to J206 pin 5, all good, would the consensus of opinion be that U20 is goosed or has anyone had a similar problem.
All fuses ok.
All voltages appear to be ok too.

Hi, mark,

Re. changing the U20 chip; I removed that chip on one of the Getaways at work, and fitted a socket to the board. I didn't have any specially advanced de-soldering tools. I'd cut all the chips' legs with a fine side cutters and then unsolder each leg in turn.

Brilliant thanks, just did a bit of googling, seems it is more common than i originally thought, it's a quad comparator ULN2803 if i'm not mistaken, i'll have a search at home tonight see if i have one somewhere, if not does anyone on here have stock??

Brilliant thanks, just did a bit of googling, seems it is more common than i originally thought, it's a quad comparator ULN2803 if i'm not mistaken, i'll have a search at home tonight see if i have one somewhere, if not does anyone on here have stock??

I may have a few... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom