What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

board repairs

johng2611

Registered
hi guys,can anyone tell me the best option here,just moved house & not fired my creech up for a few months,turn it on today,all lit up but nothing else,opened it up to find the dreaded battery leakage,is it even worth trying to clean it up or best to send away for repair.does anyone do board repairs.
cheersP1000480.JPG
john

Was it a brand of battery guaranteed against leakage?

I think you should at least neutralize the alkaline to prevent further damage. There's plenty of info online but I'm sure somebody will advise the best process.

I've repaired battery damaged boards. If you want to bring it up to Leeds I can clean it up for you, remove the LM339s and check the tracks underneath. It doesn't look to have spread too far but don't leave it much longer before getting it neutralised.

I've had boards repaired by Luke and by The Legend (aka Andy Netherwood of Pinball Mania) in the past. Both good. Sounds like there's plenty of options which is good for everyone.

Definitely looks fixable but yes first off, limit the damage by putting something like a weak acid like vinegar on it asap. Don't spread that blue stuff around with it though. Chips out of sockets, vinegar rinse, water rinse, vinegar rinse, then IPA to chase the water off and dry it with a hairdryer. Just a suggestion.

I've had boards repaired by Luke and by The Legend (aka Andy Netherwood of Pinball Mania) in the past. Both good. Sounds like there's plenty of options which is good for everyone.

Definitely looks fixable but yes first off, limit the damage by putting something like a weak acid like vinegar on it asap. Don't spread that blue stuff around with it though. Chips out of sockets, vinegar rinse, water rinse, vinegar rinse, then IPA to chase the water off and dry it with a hairdryer. Just a suggestion.
Good advice. I'd add to snip the battery holder off with side cutters first. Hold the board upside down and then brush the fluffy stuff off with a toothbrush before adding any fluids.

thanks for all the advice,will clean up & neutralise as described then take it from there!
cheers

Back
Top Bottom