What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blown main fuse. Help

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
Alright chaps. Flipper was getting stuck on my Tron. Wanted to know whether it was mechanical or an electronic issue so turned the machine off whilst the flipper was in the up position. Turned it back on too fast and the game is now dead as a door nail. Nothing when I turn it on.

I removed the fuse in the power input box in the bottom right of the cabinet (the black twisty nob thingy one) and the fuse is smashed in two. Is this likely to be the cause of all my troubles?

I looked up in the manual and apparently I need one of two fuses. But which one? Also as I understand it fuses come in 2 sizes, 20mm and 31mm. Which is correct?

i.imgur.com_rFE8k0l.png

Is this something I can get hold of easily? Cheers all for any help and forgive my complete lack of knowledge

I'm surprised no one's yet answered this.

I don't have a Tron but my guess (yes - that's guess) is you need 20mm 5 Amp 250V Slo-Blo.

Will someone who has a Tron please confirm this.

Sorry but I don't own a stern so cannot answer your direct question.

Does the flipper stick up when you manually raise it with the power off ?

If a flipper was locked on due to an electrical fault, when you turned the game on you may have had a power surge and that blew the fuse you have found

As you are a complete noob I would advise you to call Andy Netherwood at Pinball Mania. Or Phil at Pinball Heaven.

Both of them stock the correct fuses that you will need.

Your manual indicates a 10a slo blo for the domestic us market (110v) or a 5a slo blo for the international market (240v). Power = voltage x current so a 240v machine uses a lower fuse than a 110v machine.

You might be lucky and it is as simple as this fuse. But it may be a problem elsewhere. For this reason I think you should call one of the guys I mentioned earlier. They will probably be able to diagnose this over the phone with you.

Fuse replaced and machine working again.
Is the flipper ok ?

I had this happen on my Spiderman (main fuse didn’t blow) and a couple of games later the driver transistor failed for the flipper.

Is the flipper ok ?

I had this happen on my Spiderman (main fuse didn’t blow) and a couple of games later the driver transistor failed for the flipper.

Only had a chance to have a quick play after replacing the fuse. Flipper is still sticking sometimes. I'll have a proper look at it tomorrow. I'm hoping it's mechanical

Only had a chance to have a quick play after replacing the fuse. Flipper is still sticking sometimes. I'll have a proper look at it tomorrow. I'm hoping it's mechanical
If it is mechanical have a peep at the end of the plunger for mushrooming.

I had a sticky flipper on my old Flintstones. The issue with mine was the coil had a little bit of play between the coil stop so you could move the coil up and down a little bit. I took the coil stop off and bent it a small amount. After putting it back the coil was seated firmly and it worked 100% after that. You might be able to just loosen the screws and reseat the coil stop without having to bend it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom