What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Blackwater 100

Mooseman

Site Supporter
Ok so this project started about a year ago when I started to look for this machine, having played one at slam 2012, heck this might be said machine. Any how over from Ireland it was shipped from @MisterMarty (who still technically owns it).
IMG_3861.jpg IMG_3862.jpg

Now I only really tackle one at a time but as I was in the workshop having party zone brackets welded I thought I might have a go shot blasting that poor poor lock down bar. The shot blaster got off the surface rust but this baby was deeply pitted. Out came the angle grinder with a linishing cloth, then draw filing and wet n dry rubbing. Now im not 100% happy with the looks, it is smooth and 100% better than it was. I may yet go down the option of painting it along with side rails and legs but for now its clean "er".
IMG_3913.JPG IMG_3915.jpg

Gotta love the autosol in the pic -sure that'll do sumamt

phosphoric acid needed and a powder coat

:rofl:
Gotta love the autosol in the pic -sure that'll do sumamt

phosphoric acid needed and a powder coat

All that work was bull for the log.
I really just give it a quick wipe over with the polish
:rofl:

That is the most rusted lockdown bar I have seen, aamazed you managed to do anything with it. Assume the metal is fairly poor quality on the Bally 8083 games?

If you can find a powder coaters that have an acid bath, they might be able to get it smooth enough that a good thick powdercoat can cover up the belmishes enough

You can also get textured coating too. Its on the back burner at the mo. party zone has my attention

That is the most rusted lockdown bar I have seen, aamazed you managed to do anything with it. Assume the metal is fairly poor quality on the Bally 6803 games?

Yes, it seems to be; most of the immediate pre-takeover games, like Party Animal and Strange Science, had the front mouldings worn at the ends very quickly.

My sort of project
I agree. Where's the fun in just doing a quick polish? ;) This ones going to keep @Mooseman busy for weeks/months/years pulling it all apart, cleaning, polishing, painting, buffing all those fiddly little plates, brackets and screws. And the plastic ramp work is something else on this game! Some good hi-res reference pics on IPDB: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=319

www.ipdb.org_images_319_image_12.jpg

My filing is in need of some improvement to the indexing system.......
found more relevant loose sheets in one of my spring binders.......
looks like your key to the BW100. ....... Njoy.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG 016.JPG 017.JPG 018.JPG 019.JPG 020.JPG

Back
Top Bottom