What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackout mod

Mooseman

Site Supporter
Anyone fitted one of these to a game. I just got one off flebay and not from over the pond. The instructions were very poor. The outcome is the playfield gi goes off at the reqd time but the backbox gi stays on. Does this sound right or have i wired it wrongly? I was hoping for total blackout.

Just read the ebay description again and deffo says backbox gi. Will have to check what ive done wrong

Yes backbox should go out.
If you bought from "my pinball" give him a call he is a great guy and will be more than willing to help you out.

Hows the AFM going ?

Loving it daz cant stop blowing those dam martians up.
Yep mypinballs. The instructions were poor in my opinion. Ive done something wrong. Maybe my gi were in the wrong connectors at the start. Ive written to him on ebay

I thought my instructions were pretty good!

1. Turn OFF game and disconnect GI connectors from driver board J105 & J106
  2. Install Playfield GI connector onto J106
  3. Install Blackout board onto J105
  4. Install Insert Panel connector on J2 of Blackout board
  5. Optionally install driver board connector J104 onto J3 of Blackout board
  6. Turn ON game and enjoy full GI effects

The important thing is to make sure the insert panel connector is on the new board so it can control the required strings. Glad it's all working now anyway. Much better when all the gi is switched

Whats this Blackout mod? I can't see it on ebay.

There is one ready to fit for the AFM at SWL but I didn't find the time to fit it before the meet last weekend. Hopefully it will be installed for the next meet in February so you'll get to try it first hand. :)

Back
Top Bottom