What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black mirror blades? On a BSD Anyone?

Dave Playman

Site Supporter
Alias
Retro Dave
Very tempted to install black mirror blades on Bram Stoker’s Dracula 🧛‍♂️

However, I’ve never seen black mirror blades in person before.

With BSD being a dark theme and sides of cabinet mostly covered by ramps and models, I thought dark mirror blades would look good; but has anyone here actually done this?

If so, any pictures would be great!

If not, thoughts / opinions on this idea welcome 👍🏼

Personally I don’t like anything else but mirrors or gold I have seen black in taf and other games but it does nothing for me I insisted blue on my Tron Le and they didn’t last long
I can get any mirror blades from blue red rose gold lots to choose from but there is very little demand for them

If it’s nice new black paint I would leave as is, mine had the decals on it and like you say you can’t really see much anyway.
The mirrored black blades would look pretty good though I think if you can get them😎

I made up some blue mirrored sides for mine. Still on at the moment....but it's a tight playfield for lifting up and down so they could get damaged easily. To be honest, you don't really notice them too much as so much of the sides are obscured anyway, but it does look better than standard.

I have a few colours to try when the playfield goes back into mine. I think I have a black, red and silver set to try.
But I was thinking it might be wasted with all the castles. But I do plan to increase the subtle lighting.
Also, pretty sure they will get wrecked very quickly if I have to raise and lower the playfield. Which I will do.

I have a few colours to try when the playfield goes back into mine. I think I have a black, red and silver set to try.
But I was thinking it might be wasted with all the castles. But I do plan to increase the subtle lighting.
Also, pretty sure they will get wrecked very quickly if I have to raise and lower the playfield. Which I will do.

When I had my BSD, cooldans old one , I added a spotlight to illuminate the graveyard area. Looked fantastic .... sickly green :cool: Love the game and will have another one day, even if it used to creep me out playing it late at night.

Sold various coloured mirrored blades before Chris started selling them, Had all the colours Chris has mentioned, but the black didn’t look as good as the rest. Obviously the mirror is the best as the reflection is dulled down on the coloured ones. However did like the red on IM, AFM, and blue on Tron etc
Cheers

I had black ones on my Hobbit they were super nice and suited the game however I think they were crazy expensive for the original buyer as it came to me with them fitted.

I also had gold ones on LOTR which were ok but in all honesty I would have preferred Silver as they are the most effective of them all, gives the pin a widebody feel and brighten the pin up no end.
Maybe not what you looking for in an answer but that’s my 2 penneth.

I added self adhesive felt strips along the edges of the playfield to stop it scratching the mirror blades. No scratches so far 3 years later.

I ordered black mirrors for my Stranger things when I had the pro , really liked it and felt it suited the darker theme .

Personally I don’t like anything else but mirrors or gold I have seen black in taf and other games but it does nothing for me I insisted blue on my Tron Le and they didn’t last long
I can get any mirror blades from blue red rose gold lots to choose from but there is very little demand for them
Thanks Chris. How much are a set of mirror blades (regular or coloured) please?

I had black ones on my Hobbit they were super nice and suited the game however I think they were crazy expensive for the original buyer as it came to me with them fitted.

I also had gold ones on LOTR which were ok but in all honesty I would have preferred Silver as they are the most effective of them all, gives the pin a widebody feel and brighten the pin up no end.
Maybe not what you looking for in an answer but that’s my 2 penneth.
Cheers Col. Yeah, the black ones I’ve seen do cost quite a bit more than regular mirrors. I’m still torn on what ones to go for. Going to mull it over 👍🏼

Sold various coloured mirrored blades before Chris started selling them, Had all the colours Chris has mentioned, but the black didn’t look as good as the rest. Obviously the mirror is the best as the reflection is dulled down on the coloured ones. However did like the red on IM, AFM, and blue on Tron etc
Cheers
Appreciate the advice regarding the black ones. I’ve never seen a machine with black so hard to know what it will look like. Im going to have a think and see what happens. I might play it safe and get regular….

When I had my BSD, cooldans old one , I added a spotlight to illuminate the graveyard area. Looked fantastic .... sickly green :cool: Love the game and will have another one day, even if it used to creep me out playing it late at night.
Thanks!
Yeah, nice!
I have a lit star post that sits above the graveyard 🪦 it looks pretty subtle to me. I reckon a spot light would be better….I assume mounted to the ramp post screw in that area?

I made up some blue mirrored sides for mine. Still on at the moment....but it's a tight playfield for lifting up and down so they could get damaged easily. To be honest, you don't really notice them too much as so much of the sides are obscured anyway, but it does look better than standard.
This sounds interesting! Do you have any pictures to share please?

Hmmm, so many colour options! I only saw regular, gold or black on Freddy’s. Not seen all those other colours. Will be interesting to see how that looks (and what colour you decide) when yours comes together 👍🏼

I have mirror blades on my BSD. Most people think it's ridiculous to fit them on a BSD as most of the sides are obscured by the castle etc. BSD suits the dark. Should be lit with incandescents and played by candlelight at midnight.
Hmm this is the thought I’ve had, is it worth it? Problem is I don’t have a spare set to test fit to see how it will look….
Would you mind posting a picture of yours with regular mirrors please? I would be interested to see how it looks 👍🏼

Hmm this is the thought I’ve had, is it worth it? Problem is I don’t have a spare set to test fit to see how it will look….
Would you mind posting a picture of yours with regular mirrors please? I would be interested to see how it looks 👍🏼
I think it's definitely worth it. Here's what it looks like. I've also added a shot of the felt strips I was talking about that protect the mirror blades. It's important to stick them vertically rather than horizontally to stop them ripping away when you close the playfield down.

Attachments

• 71A8E25C-7747-45C8-AD1E-3DE83F923074.jpeg
    71A8E25C-7747-45C8-AD1E-3DE83F923074.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 2361E739-21B0-498E-A525-3D03DBD71296.jpeg
    2361E739-21B0-498E-A525-3D03DBD71296.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 28
  • A787A844-A153-4B40-8E58-ADFA6026F2D1.jpeg
    A787A844-A153-4B40-8E58-ADFA6026F2D1.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 30
  • D9AAB8A9-300A-4C70-9104-07FA1CC300D8.jpeg
    D9AAB8A9-300A-4C70-9104-07FA1CC300D8.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 9AB6809B-EF7F-41CC-BFE0-3765AA310620.jpeg
    9AB6809B-EF7F-41CC-BFE0-3765AA310620.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 30
I think it's definitely worth it. Here's what it looks like. I've also added a shot of the felt strips I was talking about that protect the mirror blades. It's important to stick them vertically rather than horizontally to stop them ripping away when you close the playfield down.
Thanks for that! It does look good actually with just regular mirrors 😀

Agree, it might be only a little that is exposed but can be made to increase the atmosphere

Back
Top Bottom