What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BKSOR pro vs premium/LE

Lickashot

Site Supporter
I've not played this game but thought I'd like a premium or LE. After watching streams of both the premium and pro I feel the pro just looks like more fun, the premium/LE upper playfield just seems to slow the game down. Thoughts on which you prefer thanks.

I have a Pro, it's super fast and really brutal I love it.

Personally I don't see the appeal of spending an extra 3k+ to get an upper playfield that only includes a flipper, ball lock and loop. I am sure the crowd of 'Black Knight isn't Black Knight without an upper playfield' will say I am wrong but personally on this iteration of the game it's a very expensive extra with not much going for it I feel. And as you say, slows gameplay down.

I personally prefer the pro for the reasons mentioned above. Underrated game.
Anyone have one for sale / trade - drop me a msg please

I have played both and they are both different games. Personally had far more fun on the Premium/LE than the pro and I am usually a Pro lover. Tobin had a very reasonably price Pro @Chief - this was a few months back and I turned it down (and was ready to buy at that point too), so may still be available. I am sure I have been quoted elsewhere as saying Premium + is the only way to go on this game. I stick by that, so much so I have an LE on the way. You don't just lose the upper playfield on this, it's how the ball kicks out into play, the second multiball, the multiball ball save feature, the left shop to upper pf.

As I say, completely different games IMHO, both fun mind.

Best toy in recent memory. There was definitely a cheap Pro floating about a while back. Sub 5k for sure.

Best toy in recent memory. There was definitely a cheap Pro floating about a while back. Sub 5k for sure.

They tend to be between 4500-5500 for a pro condition/niceness depending. The one I picked up not too many months ago was sub 5k.

Brutal not gotten over 275 mil yet super fast with crazy quick drains on the outlanes can't even save it with the magna save sometimes.

Another one were the world shat on it but its now in demand. Tobin had a pro at 4700 at one point. I nearly bought it for the club.

LE is worth it for the extra multi ball on it alone, it was a weak area but Tim fixed it in code.

Watch the INDISC 2019 coverage on Karl's Twitch page. Epic game.

Neil.

I've got a premium, and its the only version I've played. For me a black knight game must have the upper playfield to be true to the series. Although I do feel like the upper play field in bskor isn't as good as the upper playfield in bk2k

Got my prem recently and been playing lots of it. I've never played the pro, but I can imagine what the game would be like without the upper PF.

In my opinion, you don't *have* to go for the prem/le, but the prem is actually worth the extra $$ (unlike some other titles).

The upper PF is a nice change of pace - it's a bit more floaty than the main PF, and chaining loops is fun and ridiculously fast. Plus that big rubber really gets you wrestling with the machine to keep the ball bouncing on it, which fits the theme well. As others have said, the catapult MB stacks nicely with other features (and it's easier to start than the 3 knights MB).

So you really get more game content out of the prem/le if you see what I mean. Other games - like, say, AIQ - it looks like the prem doesn't give you anything more in terms of gameplay, just some cool ramp/mechs.

The "Last Chance" mode is fun. First time I experienced it , it took a moment to realise what was going on having to keep manually firing balls into play to get 3 into the lock, and then ultimately SUPER catapult multiball mode if you are successful

I’ve just sold my LE with topper and it was the go to game for non pinheads an absolute overload to the senses especially with Ritchie booming taunts down on you in the form of the Black Knight topper.
one I’ll miss but the usual room problems.
LE all the way for me.

Back
Top Bottom