What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bikes .....all things bikes

Went to look at one yesterday, didn't buy it but I love the styling and the sound and it's top on my list.

They go well for a little 750:

I've been without 2 wheels for a year now and thinking of getting myself a run-about for the weekends.

View attachment 4641

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_9DFE384D_442A_4EBB_9E32_35D460869C75_zps8cxpj56p.jpg

I think you're crazy personally! For similar money you could buy

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_F04C3689_B7C1_4EC2_9AD8_877F4C9A46D7_zps3floftvr.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_75A6DA47_26DA_474F_888B_BF0442D82ADB_zpsdqssra5s.jpg

Both will have much better resale values. Ducati's and Triumph's are always going to be more desirable than Asprilla's

Each to their own though :D

Been there, done the Triumph thing to death.

Rode to Assen to watch World Superbikes with a group of eight mates on bikes, two of the group were on Ducati Monsters which both broke down, the first before we even got to Dover, the second one gave up 100 miles into Holland. Both ended up in the back of the van. No thanks.

Been there, done the Triumph thing to death.

Rode to Assen to watch World Superbikes with a group of eight mates on bikes, two of the group were on Ducati Monsters which both broke down, the first before we even got to Dover, the second one gave up 100 miles into Holland. Both ended up in the back of the van. No thanks.

in my experience Duc's need to be used all the time to be reliable i worked for a Triumph Kawasaki dealership until october there Triumphs are ok not as solid as MCN (more crap news) big them and ducati up to be.

My street triple is up for sale as I've just bought this :D

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_15E0F90B_C156_4850_904B_8E34D828C153_zpspjxgrmgh.png

Which with a couple of mods will look like this

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_3BFE8E47_C54E_4445_8F61_1300FF10D816_zpsqar3uesq.jpg

I ****ing love the sport classic.

Great choice mate.

I'm not friends with ducati at the moment as mine is broken. Valve shims need replacing as I've lost compression in both cyclinders. It's at the bike doctors.

So the bike goes and Woz stays to fund the move? I hope so.
I haven't been bitten by the calssic Ducatti bug but if you can make yours look that good then I can see the attraction. Good luck.

Woz only goes if my house sells. My dad may end up buying it himself depending on if he gets his redundancy. I can always buy another Woz, bikes are a bit more personal

Electrics are terrible. Problems seem to be with regulator rectifier thingy. There's a Japanese after market reliable part available for it if it breaks. I've only had it 3 weeks so nothing to speak of as yet!! I'm sure it will break soon though. It was only £1200 so I'm not too fussed.

Fast forward 5 months!! Not the same story.
Work done so far:

Fork seals
Fork bushes
Clutch slave seal
Exhaust repair
New pads
New belts
New plugs
Valve shims

Still off the road awaiting parts.
Good job my mates doing the work at £10 per hour, otherwise I'd be ghostying the ****er off a cliff!!!

But saying that, I love riding it. It's good fun. And it gives me an excuse to wear a long way round style lid ;-)

This is my baby, had her for over 20 years, other bikes have come and gone but I could never sell this one!
View attachment 5785

Wow, a water buffalo! One of 3 classics I was in love with at the time but never owned.
The other 2 were the Norton Commando 850 and the CBX.

Edit: My memory is failing! The GT750 was nicknamed the water buffalo, not the Z1300

Last edited:
Wow, a water buffalo! One of 3 classics I was in love with at the time but never owned.
The other 2 were the Norton Commando 850 and the CBX.

Edit: My memory is failing! The GT750 was nicknamed the water buffalo, not the Z1300

Wasn't the GT750 nicknamed the kettle as it kept overheating? The CBX's looked better than the Z's as they were air cooled but only 1000cc, size matters!

That has tidied up nicely, looks more brutal than chunky now.
The red one looks like it's exhausts sit slightly higher but I see the rear foot pegs are the limit.
I can see you have deleted the rear mud guard, metal rack and front screen. Changed shocks, seat rear view mirrors. Did the rear light cluster get moved forward on a tail tidy?
A much prettier bike indeed.

Not sure what's up with the exhausts. There's only one mounting point so it's impossible to raise them any higher? I think it's just the camera angle on the red bike makes them looks higher.

And yes it's the same light cluster, flipped and bolted under the seat :)

Nicely. A bit chuggy at low revs like all V Twins but got an awful lot of power when you pin the throttle

Had a fiddle on with the exhausts. No movement at all. I think they look higher on the red bike because of the camera angle, like so

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_93113B59_600A_437B_9A1D_D820D9B6EF9B_zpsqdioqarj.jpg

Awesome.
I have just changed to a Schuberth C2 having been an Arai man for many years.
Love it. When I wear my Arai now it feels inferior.
Just wish Schuberth did some funkier designs.

Awesome.
I have just changed to a Schuberth C2 having been an Arai man for many years.
Love it. When I wear my Arai now it feels inferior.
Just wish Schuberth did some funkier designs.

How easy is it to change out the visor? One of the things I love about my Arai is how easy it is to swap visors.

Ha ha. Well!! I always struggled like **** with Arai visors so to me anything is easier than that. Getting them out is easy but I just could never get the bugger back in. But it's very straight forward on the Schuberth.

Backfill story. We moved house last Dec, this was triggered by several things and one was that the housing trust who owned the garages I rented for the bikes were threatening to knock them down. This and a few other life changing things made me decide to upgrade house and look for one with a double garage. But we stupidly fell in love with an old Edwardian with a single garage but with a workshop underneath (it is on a hill). The initial plan was to get the motorbikes into the workshop but before we moved in I realised that wasn't practical as the area isn't flat enough to turn the bike around before going back down the hill.

Luckily I found a metal garage for motorbikes for a cheap quick sale but I still wasn't exactly sure where it was going to be put. Luckily, it turned out that the drive way carved into the hill was far wider than a single car and two cars long. It just needed a lot of foliage clearing which I did in early Jan and built the Garage onto the back corner. I can still fit a small car next it and then another car behind. More importantly, I could now get my two bikes into the garage and bring the R1 home.
On the 7th of March we returned to where we use to live and removed the R1 and I brought it home, in time for a sad message from a mate saying his Fireblade was over heating and leaking coolant. He collected the R1 on the 9th as a loaner and still has as his Blade is causing him a lot of expense.

So I only have the VFR, who isn't pretty enough for pictures but here one from 2012, the Wife takes pictures as I get on with the riding.

Austria Grossglockner Alpine Pass
i263.photobucket.com_albums_ii125_calimori_crotia_DSC02753.jpg

Last year was full of weddings and honeymoon so no time for a proper trip, no time to plan anything this year so we are planning something big for next year.

My elefant is still in bits. It needs new rings which would appear, are unobtainium!! Seems ludicrous for mid a 90's twin but I'm not turning anything up.
So if anyone knows where I can get a set of 92mm standard bore piston rings for a 1994 ducati 906 paso motor. There'll be more than a drink in it .

Back
Top Bottom