What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bikes .....all things bikes

replicas

Site Supporter
Alias
Nipper Pinball
A Honda CRF 250 is a Motocross, Off Road, No licence needed as long as you are on private land.

Ah right, I've got a wr125r at the minute. It's a road legal off road bike if that makes sense. It looks a lot easier on telly to chuck it about than it is in real life!

Currently running a vfr, an R1 and a non running 400/4 supersport. I can't give up biking, it is in my blood. Away with twenty other bikers this weekend. Pins are my indoor hobby.

Definitely a link between bikes and pinball
wink-1.png

My current chicken chaser! Anyone done the latest bike test? How tough are the 2 modules? Want it out of the way by the winter

2009_WR125R_0001-1.jpg

Yeah, my crf is off road only, although i do have the docs to put it on the road should i ever get a license. Nowhere near as fast as a cr250 (cr's are 2stroke crf's are 4stroke) but what it lacks in raw top end power it more than makes up for in its ability to be more controllable on the slower, tighter tracks. Less offensive noise for green laning too.

My last motocrosser. Engine was out more than in. Them's were the days...

[attachment=895:kx.jpg]

KX one of the first water cooled one. With the engime being out I would say a 125 cc with either siezed rings and piston or a full melt down of piston and rod, Happy days. I would go back tomorrow if I could.

And with the number being white on black, AMCA juniors if I recall correctley

replicas' date=' post: 1694087 said:
KX one of the first water cooled one. With the engime being out I would say a 125 cc with either siezed rings and piston or a full melt down of piston and rod, Happy days. I would go back tomorrow if I could.

Well, I bought two, that one was an '83 (I think) with a shagged barrel and the other was an '84 (I think) with a shagged gearbox. Cut 'n' paste, et. voilà - working '83 with a 'power upgrade'. Time's were hard back then, it had all sorts of bodges to keep it going.

Then it moved on to this...

[attachment=896:rd.jpg]

...which believe it or not made it through scrutineering, here's proof (anyone recognise the red sticker on the airbox cover) ...

[attachment=897:rd2.jpg]

...look at the concentration! Yes, I was a penniless student, I couldn't even afford to buy numbers, I had to use masking tape instead. But an RD wasn't going to win anything against the Aprilia's of the day. This on the other hand might...

[attachment=898:tzr.jpg]

... as bought from a scrap dealer as a 6-month old write-off having been dumped in a lake. Trophy winner on standard tyres, pipe and electronics!

Then I got a job...

[attachment=899:rs.jpg]

...happiest days of my life. Lots of stories, scars and pain, but wouldn't swap it for the world.

They were a pig when they went wrong
sad-1.png
, them 125LC's were the "L" bike to own back in the day, quick too with a Micron and some tweaks
wink-1.png

[attachment=917:fbfc_12.jpg]

Maddest bike I had on the road, a CR500 hybrid, a 500 motor shoehorned into a 250 beam frame chassis, a noisy monster that hated tick over, chewed footwear and vibrated more that the deluxe model rabbit on max. It was a handful everywhere esp on the back roads, a case of point and hope for the best, it was often up a hedge before you knew it, awful mpg coupled with strange looks from all members of the public and a few near death experiences meant it had to go, had SM road wheels on it before it went but even that did not make it sensible enough to keep, glad I had the experience but also glad I got rid before I got nailed.

I had plans to go off-road a little more on a bike but never got around to getting one.

I guess I am more of a road rider:

wheelie-1.jpg

Though I did enjoy a track day or two with my old Fireblade, god rest her soul.

blade-1.jpg

Judge Dreads' date=' post: 1694394 said:
View attachment 1071

Maddest bike I had on the road, a CR500 hybrid, a 500 motor shoehorned into a 250 beam frame chassis, a noisy monster that hated tick over, chewed footwear and vibrated more that the deluxe model rabbit on max. It was a handful everywhere esp on the back roads, a case of point and hope for the best, it was often up a hedge before you knew it, awful mpg coupled with strange looks from all members of the public and a few near death experiences meant it had to go, had SM road wheels on it before it went but even that did not make it sensible enough to keep, glad I had the experience but also glad I got rid before I got nailed.

You need to try a 600 4 Husky, Now thats got some vibration. I can still feel it in my hands today on a cold day.

The money from TAFG shall be going on a street triple r, with a modded exhaust and new paint job. Very similar to this! Love the street fighter look

1088526281-1.jpg

Thought I would put together a list of bikes owned since 1973:

Yamaha FS1-E

Yamaha FS1-E

Honda CB250

Kawasaki Z1000 LTD

Harley-Davidson XL1000 Sportster

Harley-Davidson FX 1340 Lowrider

Harley-Davidson FLSTC 1340 Softail

Suzuki Bandit 600

Honda Blackbird

Yamaha R1

Kawasaki ZX750R

Suzuki Hayabusa

Triumph 998 Speed Triple

Triumph 998 Speed Triple

Suzuki DR400

Yamaha WR426

Yamaha Fazer 1000

Harley-Davidson 1450 Softail

Triumph 1050 Speed Triple

Aprilia SXV550

Honda Fireblade (current bike)

Most Fun: Aprilia SXV550

Worst: HD Sporster

Longest owned: HD FLSTC (11 years)

Fastest: Hayabusa (199 mph in Holland)

Slowest: HD Sportster

Scariest: Aprilia SXV550

Most reliable: Blackbird

Most unreliable: Aprilia SXV550

Worst crash: Aprilia SXV550

Steve, you have had quiet a collection. Did you ever own a Harley and a sports bike at the same time?

For a while I had a Softail and a Blackbird both in the garage, but when I went for a ride I always seemed to plump for the Honda? After a while I sold the Harley as it never got ridden.

Nice bikes Steve, 'cept for the harleys ;-) Triumph for me all the way!

[attachment=941:DSCF6572.JPG]

Back
Top Bottom