What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beyond repair...

Nedreud

Registered
This turned up in my feed on YouTube. Apparently it was water-damaged beyond repair meaning that this most majestic of pinball machines has been butchered in to a... desk :eek:

Oh man... I wish my playfield looked as unsaveable as this one...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but all my eye beholds is an absolute disaster. Terrible workmanship too. A Manny has most definitely NOT been done.

Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.

The best early Bally SS game imho. Butchered.

Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.

The best early Bally SS game imho. Butchered.
Best Bally game. Best SS game. Most beautiful pin, etc. I just can't get over that playfield. I know it's hard to tell from the video as there's no close-ups and it could be planked to death from "water damage" but there's no wear and all the mechs look complete. It couldn't have been that bad otherwise the wooden cabinet would have swelled, buckled and split, and you wouldn't have been able to make firewood from it let alone a desk. I think the whole thing is an abomination. I know I've got a soft spot for these old Bally pins and pinball restoration in general, but watching it again this is just awful. Makes me sad :(

I have a fathom and a centaur, two of the more fancied bally ss titles. But paragon is the one I always reach for.

Back
Top Bottom