What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Stern Pro

I'm clearly in the minority but have really struggled to like TWD. As you all know I put mine up for trade just before the NLP/play expo, ultimately I was talked into giving it another chance by everyone. I got it home after the show and had a few games on it for a couple of days then it stood idle again. I still intended to play it more when Wayne offered a temp trade for his awesome Metallica premium which I jumped at. When I get TWD back I'll try again. What stops me playing it I think is the dreary atmosphere of it, I used to wish for a more serious adult themed machine thinking they would be better than all the fun light hearted themes we have mostly had but after getting GB pro ( at the same time I got TWD ) I can see fun themes are more suitable for pinball machines IMO.

Contrary to Waynes opinion I absolutely love my GB pro, prefer it by a long way to my TWD, sure I would prefer a premium but the pro is still awesome.

@kevlar - Dont own a TWD, however have played it a good few times, and no, it;s not just you - Agree with you on TWD 100%... Wanted to like it, however found it drab and boring

Another vote here for TWD. Really gets the adrenaline flowing. My favourite rules of any pin I've played so far.

ST is also a cracker and one of my faves, fast flowing game. Only bad point is most of the modes are a bit similar to each other.

MET and GB both seem like great games I'd like to own one day, but haven't played enough to form an opinion yet.

Forget a new in box stern pro.....get a decent sm (spiderman) instead...none of the modern stern pro's come close.....(for the price difference) curve ball alert.....else twd I guess but I am still learning the rules......:thumbs:

Hmm after playing Spider-Man today I think I disagree :) although I did win that round :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought your were gonna say Avatar then . Come on Mark, big Avatar up!
Kev didn't you get your mitts on a Tron? How do you find it? I really can't compare due to lack of play on the other sterns discussed above but would like to know where it fairs in comparison as there were 2 for circa 5k on eBay and I'd say it's a damn fine pin to recommend against nib.

They are all great machines, I think what could help sway your decision is what interests you, for me I am a big fan of Metallica and ghostbusters which helps.
I have played ST a lot on location and feel I don't need to own it.
TWD on the other hand, I am not into the series but have put a limited amount of time into the game, that would be next on my wanted list, got to love zombies.

Kev didn't you get your mitts on a Tron? How do you find it? I really can't compare due to lack of play on the other sterns discussed above but would like to know where it fairs in comparison as there were 2 for circa 5k on eBay and I'd say it's a damn fine pin to recommend against nib.
Tron is the dogs danglies John :).

Forget a new in box stern pro.....get a decent sm (spiderman) instead...none of the modern stern pro's come close.....(for the price difference) curve ball alert.....else twd I guess but I am still learning the rules......:thumbs:

This is a good option as I am a big fan of SM. Could save a few £ too... cheers for the curve ball! ;)

Had a few games on the Tron LE at PHOF and it didn't click for some reason, probably need more time on it. :)

I've never a had the good fortune to play a WD. Like the idea that it has a deep rule set, but what is the flow like ? I love ramps me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
hi jon, I have an le version which means you get the bicycle girl ramp popping up and the crossbow feature, so this breaks up the flow of the ramp shots where a normal pro version wouldn`t, you`re not far from me if you would like to visit in the future:)

Back
Top Bottom