What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Stern Pro

Jsyjamie

Registered
Alias
Jamie
I was wondering what people think is the best Stern Pro available at Pinball Heaven?

It's a choice between:
TWD
MET
ST
GB

I am thinking of going for my first and probably only NIB and would like people's opinions... :hmm:

Depends on what else you own, but out of those I'd probably go for TWD with GB a close second if you're a fan of the theme.

Edit: To be fair though, ST as a theme does nothing for me, and whilst I really like MET for me it doesn't have the longevity of the others.

Been looking at the possibility of buying new too. I'd have to say TWD. Never seem to see met or twd up for sale. I guess in a few years they will come out the woodwork.

Or somebody could sell me there twd pro... ? ;)

Totally different games - what sort of game do you like; fast, slow, deep rules, etc?

Been looking at the possibility of buying new too. I'd have to say TWD. Never seem to see met or twd up for sale. I guess in a few years they will come out the woodwork.

Or somebody could sell me there twd pro... ? ;)

If I put up a wanted ad for MET I'd probably be about 5th in line as none seem to come up for sale. Same with TWD which is why buying new is the way to go.

Totally different games - what sort of game do you like; fast, slow, deep rules, etc?

Definitely a fan of flow. Most of the pins I have at the moment are quite shallow B/W so would like a modern Stern with deeper rules.

Owned ST and MET.
ST is a good game.
Loved MET. Only criticism is that it seemed to take a while to get a game going as just wanted to get to crank it up which is awesome.
GB. Played a fair bit. Very fun game but some say rules a bit linear.
TWD is awesome and never boring and hooks you in from the first shot. Code is deep and so many ways to play it. The multipliers just do crazy things.
So, it's TWD for my vote.

I`ve owned a st ( although it was an le version) and I own a twd there is more to do on the walking dead very deep game, star trek is a much faster game but mainly ramp shots, is there anyone near you that has any of these pins for you to try?

All good games but all very different to each other.
The one I'd go for would be The Walking Dead .
Sterns best game by a country mile.

I`ve owned a st ( although it was an le version) and I own a twd there is more to do on the walking dead very deep game, star trek is a much faster game but mainly ramp shots, is there anyone near you that has any of these pins for you to try?

Nothing locally unfortunately. I've had a few games on TWD and MET but not enough to have a proper opinion. Been playing ST on pinball arcade last few days and been enjoying it.

Owned ST and MET.
ST is a good game.
Loved MET. Only criticism is that it seemed to take a while to get a game going as just wanted to get to crank it up which is awesome.
GB. Played a fair bit. Very fun game but some say rules a bit linear.
TWD is awesome and never boring and hooks you in from the first shot. Code is deep and so many ways to play it. The multipliers just do crazy things.
So, it's TWD for my vote.

Good point on MET, a lot of wood to chop just to start a "mode"...

I've never a had the good fortune to play a WD. Like the idea that it has a deep rule set, but what is the flow like ? I love ramps me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TWD is the only Stern game I'd ever consider owning. Very tempted to get one actually. Zombies never get old.

If you must go NIB I would say TWD then MET.
Star Trek just seems an inferior version of Spiderman to me.

I wouldn't describe TWD as a flowing game. The Pro may have more flow than the Premium though as the Premium has the Bicycle girl bash toy and crossbow. If you can't get to play any of these I'd suggest watching as many videos as you can of each table which should give you a good idea if it's the type of game you like.

Played them all and I went for Star Trek. I love it. That being said, I'm a massive fan of the movies. That probably swayed my decision.

All good games but all very different to each other.
The one I'd go for would be The Walking Dead .
Sterns best game by a country mile.
I agree with Daz man I will be after a TWD one day when shed is built!!! fab game, but you must get to know the fairly deep rule set

Cheers

kev

I have ST and TWD. ST plays quite fast, great fx and pretty easy to pick up ruleset, BUT when I got my TWD, I hardly play ST any more.

Had my TWD Pro for a year now and still absolutely love it. I've played MET and ST and they're fine, but they don't come close to TWD imo.

Have had both a MET and TWD in the house, as well as having LOTS of time on ST & GB

If you want flow it would be ST, MET, GB then TWB
The rules on TWD are not as deep as people make out. Simplifying it a bit drop targets light modes, and 3 of 7 shots kill a walker. Everything else comes from them. It's also an absolute drain monster at times, with the shots you need to make leading to putting the ball out of control, not a great opportunity for combos.
MET has more things around the playfield to aim at which actually contribute significantly to scoring.
ST seems a bit simple to me, start mode, shoot flashing lights, rinse and repeat.
GB is great to play, but not the Pro - Prem is way better - but if that's out of budget I wouldn't bother with the Pro

There's more significant GAMEPLAY differences between the TWD & GB Pro and Prem than the Pro & Prem version of Met & ST, which are more cosmetic.

But with everything considered I'd go Met, then TWD, ST & GB in Pro versions.

TWD is running away with it with a few MET and one or two ST.
I thought it would be a closer run thing between MET and TWD.

Do people think it is worth considering Alien?

TWD is running away with it with a few MET and one or two ST.
I thought it would be a closer run thing between MET and TWD.

Do people think it is worth considering Alien?
You will need to play it first. I'd never buy a NIB game I had never played. I have bought games before and hated them once I got them home. There is a big difference though when spending £1k that you know you can recoup straight away.

You will need to play it first. I'd never buy a NIB game I had never played. I have bought games before and hated them once I got them home. There is a big difference though when spending £1k that you know you can recoup straight away.

Agree 100%, might be waiting a while to play one on location...

I have TWD and GB and it would hard to choose between the two other than GB is an easier game to play but both are hard compared to BW games. MET I've played a few times and it has a lot going on and has a lot to shoot for - ST is the least interesting in my view (and I'm a big ST fan) just not enough going on with it although it's not dreadful. Other thing to note with Star Trek is they aren't making any more.

So lucky position to be in with being able to own any one of these they are all decent games. I think my choice would be TWD.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom