What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Ben's Whirlwind restore

Ah man that looks ace, good to see some close up pics, have been toying with a new playfield for a while, so will be good to see how you get on.

Look beautiful, I’ve been so tempted to buy one for mine, my playfields very good but the Mylar annoys me, one of these if definitely on the cards now after seeing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look beautiful, I’ve been so tempted to buy one for mine, my playfields very good but the Mylar annoys me, one of these if definitely on the cards now after seeing this
Go for it! ordered mine yesterday, seeing Ben's playfield pics pushed me over the edge

Well this restoration is taking a while :)
Moved house just before Christmas and I've not had time to do anything on the Whirlwind, but in the last couple of weeks I've managed to start getting things setup ready to continue.
Built a second rotisserie and have the old and new playfields mounted ready to start work. The cabinet and backbox is filled and sanded and ready for a first coat of primer.

ZolG-DFDy39M684_zgxskRHP9hw8gR5EG36Q5ATvGNbLO7HGx-_bQMjgTP4tp7HuG-d-sEq_72WOt1Et42PR6QYdsdNW8DhLOtQujfjs_zjadNTwBgEdDt2Lk7pM04InZcV7H7sc3HU=w800

Thanks to @kev a who has already done a WW PF swap and spotted that some of the CPR PFs have the shooter lane switch cutout missing! CPR tell me that a very small number of the PFs got through the production process with this fault due to a broken tool on the CNC machine. Although if you look at the sample pics on their website there seem to be a lot of different ones with no shooter cutout...
So, I'm going to have to attack it with a router to cut the slot. Kev was kind enough to send me a router bit so that I can do it, but I'm not really looking forward to it, just one accidental slip of the router and it could be a disaster! Just got to mentally prepare myself then get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom