What's new

Beer!!!!

Steve C

Registered
There is a Lidl store a few hundred yards away from my house so treat it a bit like a corner shop and when I went in this morning to get some milk I spotted a vast selection of bottled ales so decided to buy a couple, a King Goblin Ale 6.6% vol and a Shepherd Neame 1698 6.5% vol.

This was 8:30 this morning so got a very strange look from the checkout assistant, probably thinking Alcoholic!! :oops:

Anyway might taste like badgers wee but who cares with that % vol :D :p :rolleyes: so I went later on and bought some more (4 of each one shown).

So heads up to all you brown amber nectar lovers Lidl are doing 30 plus different bottles over the next week.

Pictured below:-

Courage Superior Ale Directors 500ml 4.8% vol £1.25 ea

King Goblin Special Reserve 500ml 6.6% vol £1.49 ea

McEwan's Champion Ale 500ml 7.3% vol £1.48 ea

Rev James Original 500ml 4.5% vol £1.25 ea

Old Thumper 500ml 5.1% vol £1.49 ea

Old Empire IPA 500ml 5.7% £1.25 ea

NOT SHOWN

Shepherd Neame 500ml 6.5% vol £1.69

lidlbeer.jpg

I can most definitely vouch for HOBGOBLIN from Wychwood so reckon KING GOBLIN will be good too. Courage DIRECTORS is one of my faves and anything from Marston's is usually drinkable.

Bascially, you've bagged a bargain! I'm off to LIDL this afternoon ;) IPA £1.25 a bottle? Bargain!

I did not know that!

Yeah unfortunate as huge brewing firms tend to buy great beers made by small breweries and then mass produce it and degrade the quality in the process. Happened to Dark Star (used to be a fantastic brew, now mass produced for every Wetherspoons in the country, no longer made by the original brewery either) and a few others. Just the way of the industry :)

Well spotted, that is my day job selling collectables, figures, soft toys, etc and had just been checking some stock :thumbs:
Do you sell for yourself or work for a company ?

I had to leave my favourite pair of sandals in Disney World because she bought so much stuff while we were over there. I do like the Disney Starbucks cups though.

Back
Top Bottom