What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Been Busy This Weekend! - IJ Shop Log

So no connectors gives no error?
I hope to come over Friday and take a look. The logic probe will help identify if the board has a chip issue and I can sort that out quickly.
Otherwise we troubleshoot the playfield and it might still be a chip on an opto board and I can sort that too.
We will fix it, you don't need to but a new board just yet and a new socketed chip will look good. ;-)

So no connectors gives no error?
I hope to come over Friday and take a look. The logic probe will help identify if the board has a chip issue and I can sort that out quickly.
Otherwise we troubleshoot the playfield and it might still be a chip on an opto board and I can sort that too.
We will fix it, you don't need to but a new board just yet and a new socketed chip will look good. ;-)

Sounds good mate, I'm off all day Friday and I make great tea!

ij_switches.jpg

Ok, so Row 1 is a White Wire with a Brown trace (Connector J209 wire #1). If you disconnect J209, does the problem disappear?

If so, this would point to that wire or it's parts as you make your way across L-R above/below. If it doesn't clear, would again suggest a problem on the board i think (i'm sure someone will butt in and tell me i'm wrong if i am!)...

1.jpg

Just a thought - When you removed the connectors earlier - you did put them back in the right positions didn't you?? ;) Double check :)

Cheers
Paul

Hahaha - Ninja'd by Geoff - nice one :) If i didn't have the kids i'd invite myself for a cuppa ;)

Ok, she's finished!

Andy spent the morning here sorting it out, and it now plays perfectly.

Now I'm going to spend some time on it and see if I can make that right ramp shot!

So what fixed the error?

A lot of small things.

• Wrongly-wired coil caused a transistor on the flipper board to short
  • Shorted transistor on the new Rottendog power board
  • bad diode on the idol release coil
  • blown 8amp light fuse
Plus a handful of other little niggles.

Good stuff.
I find that machines play horrible for quite some time when they have had that much work done.
When I put a new playfield in my Addams I hated how it played for ages. Took me a long time to tweak it back into shape.

Oh great news Steve. I was waiting for a clear free day to come over with my multi-meter and have another go at things but house moving has got in the way so far. Very pleased to hear you can now enjoy that thing of beauty properly.

Oh great news Steve. I was waiting for a clear free day to come over with my multi-meter and have another go at things but house moving has got in the way so far. Very pleased to hear you can now enjoy that thing of beauty properly.

Thanks Geoff, your help was invaluable getting it back together, and I learnt a few things as well!

Got home to find the playfield from Henrik at Pinball Dreams had arrived. What can I say, absolutely perfect! I cannot fault the workmanship, it's stunning. It's so good I had to look at the 'before' pics to see what he has done as the refurb work is so subtle. can't wait to start putting it back together.View attachment 2612View attachment 2613View attachment 2614View attachment 2615
I'm thinking about getting a playfield clearcoated what were pinball dreams like to deal with and also what was the price like for playfield done and shipping do you have to pay any import tax thanks

I'm thinking about getting a playfield clearcoated what were pinball dreams like to deal with and also what was the price like for playfield done and shipping do you have to pay any import tax thanks

Henrik was great to deal with from start to finish, for a price you need to email him as every playfield will need different levels of work, shipping was very reasonable (70 Euros I think), and no import duty/vat etc.

Henrik was great to deal with from start to finish, for a price you need to email him as every playfield will need different levels of work, shipping was very reasonable (70 Euros I think), and no import duty/vat etc.
That's brilliant thank you what company did you use in the uk to ship the playfield to them

Back
Top Bottom