What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Damage Refunds

Did he get it??!!! I was following this a couple of days ago!! Wow!!

I've been following this on Pinside too. The chap put in a lot of effort and care in putting his case across to the battery manufacturer (photographic evidence, costs ect).

I doubt if the many applicants now jumping onto the bandwagon will manage to do the same. They will wriggle out of paying out everyone somehow...

Energizer has a warranty against leaking batteries whereby they will either replace or pay to repair any product damaged. This guy got $300 for a damaged System 11 board!
hmmm @ianw what do you think of that?
Sounds to me like a crazy warranty that's too open to abuse, and the costs would quickly outweigh the benefits

Duracell have had a guarantee for years that they will pay for damaged equipment if their batteries leak.

The problem you will find that when you claim is the Duracell batteries that you bought from a market/car boot/pound shop are not genuine as they are the most pirated battery brand out there.

hmmm @ianw what do you think of that?
Sounds to me like a crazy warranty that's too open to abuse, and the costs would quickly outweigh the benefits

There have been many crazy marketing ideas, and a few of them backed by insurance. I remember losing huge numbers on a credit card companies payment protection insurance for the 1st 90 days from purchase. Scheme ran okay until they marketed it on TV! ..... lucky no forums around in those days :)

Also remember one that paid a £1m if you caught mad cow disease from eating steak at a certain restaurant

Back
Top Bottom