What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bang & Olfsen Retro Stuff - Fans?

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
So, went to fix someones old black knight today and afterwards got given this old stuff. Was going to be binned. So question is what to do with it? I'm not familiar with this stuff really. Any b&o fans out there? (Already had a quick chat with @Spandangler :), cheers mate)

Option 1: Fix it up and maybe use it as a record/tape player in my lounge, but no obvious line out. I'd like a way to input it to a Sonos connect like on my jukebox
Option 2: Fix it and sell it
Option 3: Just sell it as is
Option 4: Forget about it and goto the tip myself.

IMG_9551.JPGIMG_9552.JPGIMG_9553.JPGIMG_9554.JPG

I love this stuff.
HOWEVER
One problem is the stylus ! Costs a fortune, even to re-tip.

The speakers may need refoaming.

There should be a 5 pin din on the back to add tape 2, this can be used as a line out (I think this model has one).

Otherwise you can do a line out off the board quite easy.

You would be best to find a B&O turntable with a RIAA preamp to give line level.

If yours has a good stylus, that would go for £150+ on ebay.

In times past I have bought systems just to get a stylus. Used to be cheaper.

I've got a B&Q 1203 turntable. Love it.
I did buy a stylus a few years back and it wasnt *too* bad. Around £80 I think. Think they are way more now :(

Well I have to say I bloomin love this thing. Had a quick mess with it today. Fitted new plug and quick clean. A few things to adjust with the records player but working to a degree. Stylus seems ok. And the sound, omg it sounds amazing. Only 2 speakers with it but they are brilliant . System can take 4 so might try and get 2 more and use it as intended

Defo gonna restore it and have it in my lounge I think :)

Also got a few favourite pink floyd albums coming on vinyl. Animals and dark side

B&Os have amazing separation to the L and R channels - prob the best I have heard in a deck I have owned.

Check manual to see if yours has a loudness button. If it does - press it !

Also - is a 40 inch touchscreen too big for a jukebox (look at my pic)! :)

Awwww man, I ADORED B&O equipment in my younger days.
My uncle had it in the 70s and 80s when new as he was really into it. Along with the TVs as well.

Real class stuff, well made.

If you ever need a great class D amp use the ICEpower modules they make. Used a couple of the 125w per channel and had to seriously tame them down for jukebox use. In fact Sound Leisure use these modules in the new D4 amplifiers.

Had a day cleaning it up and adjusting a few things. Record player now working good. Worst thing was the belts for the tape player had melted back to oily nastyness. Love the build quality on these and the service design is very well thought out to

B03F3417-3BFC-4529-A425-589E16663644.jpeg72DAE3B3-7651-42A4-8446-C330DFD5E227.jpegC932DCBA-BE33-4806-AA1D-8E6185CADA6F.jpegC0972B79-D599-4B01-86BC-7BF7AC8DF156.jpegD6ED8C52-06AE-4B97-9633-96A5B072FEA3.jpeg459B3CF4-BCA6-49AB-B6E9-5621FFA24B98.jpeg

I managed to catch the tone arm on mine the other day. Its gone pete tong now. Not a happy bunny :(

Got myself another set of beovox x25 speakers this week, so now i have the full 4 speaker setup, sounds really nice :)

Then after about an hour into listening, the belt on my record player started to fail and the record slowed down then speeded up!!, so got to wait til the weekend now to change that. Typical. (I was going to change it anyway)

Back
Top Bottom