What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold BALLY VECTOR

new forest pinball

Site Supporter
Alias
Keef.
selling on behalf of a customer. this was fully refurbed by us in 2013 little use since. all works (although i only have the customers word for that so best to view yourself if possible) game located in sunny bournemouth. very little wear to play field or targets. still has original top flipper. backglass great condition. pm me and i will pass contact details on. here are a few pics. price.reduced to £600. DSC02308.JPG
DSC02308.JPG DSC02307.JPG DSC02305.JPG DSC02309.JPG DSC02310.JPG DSC02311.JPG

Last edited:
glad to see it's got a 2" top flipper,I think they look much nicer with it,I changed mine from 3" to 2" the first week I got it:rofl:

2" looks better. 3" plays better imho

I think you're spot on - the 2" bat is near useless in that position. Isn't there some debate about what it should have been originally anyway.

My last comment is off topic. This is a For Sale thread for a VECTOR which looks tipity top. Come on people VECTOR up!

For those who do not know Vector, it has a good reputation in the US but over here it is not seen as a top title like Fathom/ Centaur/ 8 Ball Deluxe.

This is because it has four flippers, three ramps and a mini playfield so you need to set it up properly (flipper angles and power using the EOS switches) and examples at shows are often in bad order. A small flipper on the top right makes the mini playfield incredibly hard and virtually pointless unless you have the skills of Bowen Kerins.

You get a hell of a lot of Bally for your coin. I am biased. I own one

I think it is the most complex and feature packed game of this era of Bally SS - ie it was designed when the threat of video games was looming large so Bally threw everything into this game and it was produced before the cost cutting began

I own a Fathom, Fathoms are more expensive, but Vector has far more technology and engineering in it. It also has the same artist as Fathom

Vector has the most speech of any Bally game of this era, especially when you put the latest ROM in
Great background music that really fits the futuristic theme. It is a basically forerunner to Tron
It has so many controlled lamps it has a lamp expander board
It has so many solenoids that it has a solenoid expander board
Fantastic nudging outlanes with rescue saucers on each side
5th in playfield display (like medusa)
Timed ramp shot that records the speed of your ball and rewards you for a clean hit
2 and 3 ball multiball
Double backglass (like xenon, space invaders), but with an awesome controlled light show
3 metal ramps up to the mini playfield
5 saucers
6 individually controlled drop targets, so the game knocks them down for you, and remembers what you already have down when you lose your ball and change players
3 regular drop targets - where the whole bank resets

Given the feature packed'nes of the machine what are they like as a starter ? Are there good spares sources? What's reliability like ?

Given the feature packed'nes of the machine what are they like as a starter ? Are there good spares sources? What's reliability like ?
I'm doing one up at a moment and the standard bits are as available as any Bally of that era as is reliability. Also CPR have reproduced the plastics. This one looks complete with a nice playfield so you shouldn't have a problem getting started with it.

To get a feel of the gameplay there is a long Youtube video describing the rules - says it all!

Take the plunge and find out. That is how everyone starts out.... :thumbs:

Pinball machines are very much like cars, you could go for ages with out problems or you could buy a Friday machine that goes wrong every 5 minutes. This one is known to the advertiser and looks to be in good working order thanks to a playfield shop as advertised above. :cool:

Thanks for the video link @astyy I think what that has made me sure of is that I do want to start in the DMD era as that is where my main memories of pinball lie ( despite my age) Perhaps one for the future

No problem I have a DMD machine too to enjoy and they're quite different. I'd recommend you post a thread on the Newbie forum detailing your budget, what themes you like, remember etc and people will pitch in with ideas.

Am local and thinking about it as my first pin, will be making a trip to Special When Lit Friday evening to expand my knowledge a bit and get a better feel of contrast between DMD and earlier machines.

I think "Paddy" comes from an era when Vector was a very common cheap game but ask yourself why did so many survive out of what came into the UK? Built to last and operators kept them running well past the usual sell by date. also the last loaded Bally game before it was back to basics with abominations like Black Pyramid with its chop board cabinet and cheap squeak sound board. I had one once that I lent to a music studio . they went bust and forgot to tell me and left the vector outside under a tarpaulin for six months. when I eventually got it back I dried it out for a week , chucked it on its legs and it started first time.

@Nedreud should be able to help you there... but it is half term so he's probably not going to be on here much...! :rolleyes:

Anyhow you should be able to find all the information here:
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Jumper.2FROM_Info
Thanks. Is he a teacher ? My Mrs is a teacher. You wouldn't believe how many hours I have had to sit 'over there' and think about what I had done.:D

I've seen that pinwiki page (and others) and they all seem to have different jumper settings so was hoping to eliminate the uncertainty with photos of an actual board setup the same.

Yes it is 2x 2732's - here's a couple of snaps to help. Let me know if you need more detail.

WP_20160218_10_56_26_Pro__highres.jpg WP_20160218_10_56_12_Pro__highres.jpg

Here's a different machine that I babysat earlier in the year.

WP_20151002_11_41_47_Pro__highres.jpg

Back
Top Bottom