What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Bally Star Trek 1979 Play-field

OptoMystic

Registered
Hi All,

I'm after a replacement play-field for my Bally Star Trek. Any condition, worn out restorer, decent condition original or new reproduction.

Drop me a message if you can help.

Thanks.

you can get overlays from the states,but they are not my cup of tea personally

you can get overlays from the states,but they are not my cup of tea personally
Thanks Steve,

Yes I have been looking at the overlay option.

I can imagine getting one of those overlays to sit just right over the existing holes and inserts must be a near impossible task, getting the playfield nice a flat with the inserts and Mylar must be a challenge. I would like to give it a go though, as a project.

Would prefer doing the overlay on a spare worn playfield and then swapping out mine and then having another go on my original playfield.

Is there one supplier of the overlays, are some prints better than others?

Send me pics if you want a restore quote ?
Thanks Chris.
I might take you up on that at some point. I suspect my playfield is going to be a tough one to touch up and repaint as at some point in the past someone looks to have Mylar'd over the flaking worn out paint on the playfield. I think removing that protective cover would unearth a mess.

yes its the sort of playfield which will lift paint off badly ive done simpsons and phantom which had the whole playfield mylared with similar paint and it can take whole areas off and then to clean the glue off takes more but a few areas are better than the whole playfield ....as per above advise ive seen the clear playfield overlays which wont sort the art out but will smooth the insert dips out and also I think there are plastic overlays with art built in I think...here if you get desperate matey

I have seen some of Chris‘s work on playfields (including Simpsons) they are simply stunning, can’t imagine they would be overly cheap but I think the quality of the end result speaks for its self

you will not be disappointed with the results if you go with him 👍

Back
Top Bottom