What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Bally Space Invaders - £600

Expired Due to no activity

Ross Hamilton

Registered
Pics here: https://goo.gl/photos/yhTCk4HoDwDzpFtJ6

The best bits: electrically it is in very good shape, all the flippers have been recently rebuilt as has the power board (both by the previous owner, Dave Langley, who many people on here will already know). The head is in great shape, it was rebuilt/renovated/restored by Dave and has new side decals applied. The backglass is a NOS one sourced by Terry Sullivan, and is in lovely condition.

The worst bits: the bottom cabinet is weak at the back and is held together by a combination of angle-iron and ratchet straps. I think it should be a fairly easy fix for someone with reasonable carpentry skills - it holds together fine as shown, it just looks ugly, but it never bothered me enough to sort it out. The playfield has previously been mylar covered, which took some of the art up when it was removed. It hasn't been touched up since then, so have a close look at the pictures to see. To my eye, the damage is at a level where although it is wrong when you look close from a playing distance it is not glaringly obvious. Some people look straight past it, others fixate on it, you decide! A bit of careful touch-up and colour matching would make it really nice.

I can provide side-art vector PDF files that I found online some time ago, and perhaps even print them onto sticky vinyl for a small charge - I made the new backbox side art decals a couple of years ago. I have the facilities at work to print with quality inks onto vinyl but I'm not 100% sure if our office printer is wide enough to do the main cabinet ones, would have to check.

I'm not really out to get into negotiating a different price, so if you think £600 is too high please don't email me, just wait six months to see if I still have it and if I offer it up for sale here for less :)

The location is Lincolnshire, LN13 9DG

Cheerio,
Ross

Would love second dibs if this fall through too late again!
Ta Tony

hi carl.........ive just just done a space invader for courtney which turned out really nice,,its in the clear coaters at the moment so i cant put any pics up yet.yes i do have courtneys overlay which i didnt want to fit ,i just used it for reference when i restored hers happy to restore yours if you want.

Back
Top Bottom