What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally Popeye owner needed?

ronnie63

Site Supporter
Having a problem with playfield GI having replaced J120 and J121 and rewired as per manual I have no GI on the playfield? one of the plugs needed 2 off white violet and white brown but I look to have a white orange so used that as the white brown as the other 2 seem closer to white violet if that make sense? Can anyone look or better still post a pic of the J120 J121 plugs please?

Thanks Ronnie

DSC05649.JPGDSC05650.JPGDSC05649.JPGDSC05650.JPG

White orange in wrong position?
Plus plugs other way around to mine but not sure that makes a difference.

Actually firstly, the cables are in the wrong connectors - swap J120 and J121 round.

The manual says that @ronnie63's wiring is then correct (but it could well be wrong).

Managed to get to the bottom of this, apart from the wrong wire the plugs I used are for the heavier gauge wire ( I thought they were all the same) so not making proper contact in the plugs! I doubled them up in the meantime as in bent the wires at the ends then used the tool to push them in, seems to have worked but will get the correct one's when I'm ready to order bits.

Thanks for the input guys

Cheers Ronnie

IDC wire connectors - just utter crap. Regrettable they were ever used in the first place, but that's cost cutting for you... understandable that they needed the speed of assembly you get from IDC connectors but these were always so woefully borderline.

Back
Top Bottom