What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally Playfield Service Position?

R

RobZombie

Sorry, I'm going to apologise in advance as this feels like such a noob question I'm embarrassed to ask. The other day I fitted an under cabinet lighting mod which required getting my hand down the back of the playfield to route the wire through the bottom of the cabinet. It was a massive pain in the ass. On my Gottlieb it would have been a relatively simple task to just slide the playfield forward on the runners and rest it on the cabinet where the lockbar sits. But on the Bally there seems to be no way of sliding it forward and no way of resting it on the cabinet without damaging components under the playfield as there are no struts. Am I missing something? Is my playfield missing something? Is it really that badly designed?

pf15-1.jpg I'm googling away and can't see any TAF's with playfield runners. Seems like they had them on Twilight Zone though. Can anyone confirm if thats correct? Were they not fitted to TAF's?

Bugger! Thanks for clearing that up for me. What a **** **** design.

Bugger! Thanks for clearing that up for me. What a **** **** design.

Yet when it came out (on High Speed) it was touted as an advance in serviceability. The worst offenders, AIR, are Rollergames and Party Zone; I used to lift the playfield off the pivots with the former, and take it out of the cabinet with the latter, with their tendency to problems at the very back.

Curiously, the lift-slide-lock-pivot arrangement was introduced on High Speed II.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom