What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Bally Paragon £1800 OBO

Trinity20

Site Supporter
Looking to sell my Bally Paragon.
I bought this off ebay back in 2012, in working condition but in need of some tlc. My intention was to restore it fully on retirement, but as that was still 10 years away I did the minimum to get it running smoothly (replaced one broken plastic, new bulbs, new rubbers, clean playfield etc.)

I played it constantly for 2 years, but then due to unforeseen circumstances we decided to move house and downsize, at which point I no longer had room for the machine in the house. So it has been sitting in the garage since 2014.

Now retired, due to other factors, I just don't have the wherewithal to do a proper restoration job on this. I have seen the great job AlanJ of this parish made of his Paragon and I think someone could do the same with this one, just not me.

As AlanJ lives close to me, he kindly agreed to come round and fire it up for the first time in 10 years and see what he made of it. The machine fired up, although the sound seems to be not working, hopefully just a loose connection after being transported by house removal guys. Otherwise, apart from a sticky flipper and a few bulbs out, it seems to be working OK as far as I can tell.

Collection from North Leeds, payment by bank transfer on collection, or any other reasonable arrangement. Happy for anyone in the area to pop round and inspect.

Pictures below (will take other pictures if you have any specific needs:
a) note that battery mod has not been done, but no sign of leakage on the board so far,
b) previous owner added a kind of bracket to rear of cab where head attaches, no idea why, but I transported it with the head in vertical position rather than removing this bracket. Somebody more knowledgeable may be happy to remove this to allow for easier transport.
c) backglass is in reasonable shape but some minor delamination, though this has not progressed in the 12 years I have owned it.
d) worst of playfield wear seems to be on the bonus counter inserts in the middle, close up provided
e) Valley of Demons drop targets not originals
f) bottom left "Escape Passage" is a non standard variant if I remember correctly. Also note broken plastic on bumper next to that.
g) AlanJ thought the PSU had some non standard wiring, but as I said, it played fine, according to spec, and the self test etc were as per the manual back in 2014.

DSCF1165.JPG
DSCF1169.JPG

DSCF1138.JPG
DSCF1139.JPG
DSCF1140.JPG
DSCF1141.JPG
DSCF1142.JPG
DSCF1144.JPG
DSCF1145.JPG
DSCF1146.JPG
DSCF1147.JPG
DSCF1148.JPG
DSCF1149.JPG
DSCF1151.JPG
DSCF1152.JPG
DSCF1153.JPG
DSCF1154.JPG
DSCF1155.JPG
DSCF1156.JPG
DSCF1157.JPG
DSCF1158.JPG
DSCF1159.JPG
DSCF1160.JPG
DSCF1161.JPG
DSCF1162.JPG
DSCF1163.JPG
DSCF1164.JPG

yes ,that power supply rectifier board looks like it has an extra fuse holder mounted off the board,so has been hacked,but if it works,it works I guess,it would be up to the buyer,if they wanted to sort it out or not

This is one of the very best Bally SS titles with exceptional artwork on cab, playfield and backglass. Whilst it is a wide body, the head is obviously the same width as all the Bally ss titles.

This era of game- pre the linear flippers/ slings, have exceptional flipper/ sling response too. Better than the transistorised ones imho

It is also a good one to maintain as the playfield is so big that it's quite easy to work on stuff.

As a game, it just feels "right"

The gameplay is amazing. There are 4 Different "Specials" to try and achieve on this game. Getting them all in a game is hard, getting them all in a single ball, well........
They are:
1. Light the P-A-R-A-G-O-N saucer lights, then land in the saucer a final time awards special.
2. Knock down all the in-line targets, then shoot the top left saucer twice (5X bonus, and extra ball), then the in-line drops reset, shoot them all out again and hit the saucer for the special.
3. Knock the 3 rhs drop targets 2 times in the same ball to advance the waterfall award to special, shoot waterfall to collect the special.
4. Knock the 3 rhs drop targets 5 times to collect the special.

Aim is to get to 20k bonus, as it then stays on for the remaining balls. This can be boosted to 30k or 40k. max bonus is 49k X bonus multipler (up to 5X).

The golden Cliffs Saucer starts at 2k and increments in 2k values to a max of 20k - this can be very lucrative later on in the game.

I love Paragon. If I had the space for this, I'd be all over it. A great pin for someone. GLWS

Back
Top Bottom