What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Bally Lost World

That’s annoying, maybe it was laying on the floor flat in a garage at some point and soaked some oil up?
Looking good though.

eventually got onto the stencilling. base yellow has been tricky due to some sort of issue in the bottom edge of the cabinet woodwork, the paint kept lifting. looks like the wood there has been contaminated with some sort of chemical.

Some of the bottom edge yellow paint has lifted again as i pulled off the stencil. I’ll try to sort it out once i’ve done the second stencil colour.

the chemical is most likely to be the filler. We had a similar problem when painting our stairs after filling certain holes, water based paint really brings out the oil... you have to use oil based paint or seal it in first.

Nice,it actually looks like a lost world bottom cab now,hope your planning to hammer the correct serial number in it like bally did;)

Nice,it actually looks like a lost world bottom cab now,hope your planning to hammer the correct serial number in it like bally did;)
You can still just about see it, I was tempted to carry on sanding over mine that I’m doing as it looks crap. I will just build the paint up instead😂
I don’t mind the backbox one though.

all the stencilling done.
071BB23F-87B5-408A-8396-74FA91187A67.jpeg
848ABE25-7DDD-4C0B-8A4E-541AC1BBF16C.jpeg
I’ll let this dry out for 24 hours then it’s a week of clearcoating. takes 2 days per side of the cabinet and the head. The head also needs the front edges clear coating. 7-8 days in total. The clear is soft for months after, so I will fit metal corner protectors to keep the legs away from the clear as much as i can. Even with the metal protectors the legs sometimes dig into the clear though.

Once I get the cab on some legs I can move it into the pin room and then I can start sanding and polishing all the metalwork in the garage.

Orange alert 😂
Sure I saw a cosmic gunfight with an orange cab.. Prototype maybe
Yep I chose a much deeper yellow as I wanted it to be slightly different from std.

Today it’s the laborious task of metal
polishing. Made a good start on one of the side rails (the one on the left 🤪)

D0497C09-015B-4309-974F-62278511CC91.jpeg

Wow it looks absolutely beautiful
Possibly one of the best looking pinballs I’ve seen.
Top job that is Alan someone’s going to end up with a pristine pin there 😍👌🏻

Back
Top Bottom