What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Bally LED Score Displays - Various Colours - FINAL RUN

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
Morning folks!

After making 100's of these, I've decided to cease production, because there are other projects I want to spend my time on, and these just take too long to build & test, plus recent components price increases are making them hardly viable.

I've got a final run of 50 units, enough for 10 sets of 5 units. 6 Digit or 7 Digit, Red, Amber, Green, White, or Blue. (Or a mixture if you want - eg for credit / match / Ball in play - can look nice mixing colours).

£35 a unit + £4 postage (any qty), or £160 for a full set of 5 posted in UK.

A cheaper option is to solder them up yourself (The control board is already built with all the SMD components placed and soldered) - all that needs soldering are the potentiometer, 4 headers and the the 7 digit led displays. £25 each + £4 postage or £100 for a full set of 5 posted UK.

Pics below:

Attachments

• IMG_8164.JPG
    IMG_8164.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8263.JPG
    IMG_8263.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8265.JPG
    IMG_8265.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8266.JPG
    IMG_8266.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8332.JPG
    IMG_8332.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8335.JPG
    IMG_8335.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8337.JPG
    IMG_8337.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1099.jpeg
    IMG_1099.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1100.jpeg
    IMG_1100.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1101.jpeg
    IMG_1101.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8517.JPG
    IMG_8517.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8521.JPG
    IMG_8521.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8524.JPG
    IMG_8524.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 41
If you're not making any more, would you consider publishing the design for others to self-produce in the future?

I'll take three sets of self build if still available.

2 x seven digit set
1 x six digit set

All amber

All sold thanks,

but whilst rummaging in boxes this afternoon i’ve found more displays and some display boards. I can possibly make up some more sets, but need to order some more controller boards and header parts. i’ll check prices to see if it’s worth doing a small production run……………..

You can never beat the real plasma glow :)
The positive consequence of people upgrading to LED is a nice supply of the old displays for those who prefer them.

Personally I like to colour match to the game.

I really don’t like the 190v DC in the backbox though, it’s bloody dangerous. Whenever I upgrade to LEDs, I remove the HV fuses from both the sdb (if it has one) and the rectifier board. (This prevents the 230v DC going into the sdb).

There is a version of the weebly sdb board that is quite a bit cheaper because it omits the hv section completely.

The positive consequence of people upgrading to LED is a nice supply of the old displays for those who prefer them.

Personally I like to colour match to the game.

I really don’t like the 190v DC in the backbox though, it’s bloody dangerous. Whenever I upgrade to LEDs, I remove the HV fuses from both the sdb (if it has one) and the rectifier board. (This prevents the 230v DC going into the sdb).

There is a version of the weebly sdb board that is quite a bit cheaper because it omits the hv section completely.
I completely understand why people do it :) for me nothing beats the real glow of a plasma display :)

I've now got some more parts/boards and have a limited set of either Red or Amber (6 or 7 digit) £115 posted UK for the kits or £165 fully made up. PM me if you want one.

Back
Top Bottom