What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally Gold Rush help

Steve C

Registered
Bought this a while back and finally getting round to attempting to set it up but tbh confused by which plug/connecter goes where?

Have set up EM's before and normally the plugs/connectors match up, same number of male/female but this is a head scratcher as they don't correspond!!

Also you can normally tell by the bend of the loom/wires as they have been in place for donkeys year but think previous owner might have fiddled around with it as doesn't seem to fit/bend as it should?

Problem is that there are x3 female plugs/sockets with x14, x16 and x20 holes but the male plugs are x18, x20 and x22

Any EM experts out there that can advise or anyone with a Gold Rush

Don't want to get it wrong and blow it or me up :oops:

goldrush1.JPGgoldrush2.JPG

This 3rd pic is before I bought it but looks like the black tape, just below the male plugs, has been removed/replaced as looks different now.
goldrush3.jpeg

Are those male plugs the ones which should be plugged into the bottom board from the playfield? Maybe the two sets have been mixed up.

Usually the wire colour going into the male plug is the same as comes out of the female plug so that should help confirm if you are getting it right

Thanks David. Will get the glass off and lift the pf up and see what is underneath. Tried matching the wires/colours up but dirty/faded so it is hard to tell.

Thanks David, you are correct, well at least I think that you are. Haven't matched them/plugged them in but having lifted the pf I can see that the ones in the cabinet are loose/disconnected so will get them pulled out/changed over.

Never in a million years would I have expected anyone to disconnect at both ends as you only need to take the backbox ones out to remove it :cuckoo:

Baby wipes are quite good for cleaning dirty cables. Unplug the machine from the mains, obviously!

Back
Top Bottom