What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally Delta Queen 1974

Mike-R-

Registered
Hi all, thought I would see if any em experts could give any advice? Just got a cheap Delta Queen (first em I have had) and it is struggling to reset itself. It makes all the right noises as if it is trying to reset but it wont. Thought I found problem with a sticking score reel last night but still no different. Any advice and thoughts gratefully accepted. Would love to get it working properly again, it has sat like this for a fair few years apparently but all seems to be there and playfield is in great shape. Thanks very much.

@Mike-R- have you got a schematic for it? You want to be looking at everything that needs to happen as part of starting a new games so things like all score reels re-setting to 0, the lock relay energising, game over relay, ball count relay all doing what they should etc :thumbs: Score reels are the number 1 culprit in a lot of cases so make sure that they all move freely and that the 0 position switchs are adjusted correctly, not dirty...all that good stuff :)

Hi Mike, not an EM expert but was in same boat last year starting with a 67' Bally. Clays guide on EM repair is essential reading http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm

There are some really helpful guys on the EM Tech sub forum on pinside that will help you trace what is keeping your score motor running - this must be the #1 EM problem as ronsplooter said above score reels zeroing then stuck coin mechs are typical suspects.

Thanks all, yes it' the one off Gumtree. It's not to bad at all really n the outside but caked in years of dirt internally, looks like it's never had a good clean from new, so I'm sure all that won't be helping matters. Good news is, didn' try it with the ball in after freeing up the score reel, put the ball in and it now resets but it doesn't clock any scores now. Think I will give a clean to get rid of some dirt and then see what happens, any ideas of why else it doesn' clock scores up?? Thanks in advance.

Do other things work other than the score? Do the pop bumpers activate, the kick out hole kick the ball out etc. If you hit the red targets do the bonus lights on the pf increase.

Check the various point relays first and give them a clean (10pt, 100pt etc). Remember with it being an EM, the more you play it the more it will fix itself :D

If you have a Dremel get yourself a 443 carbon steel brush - the so called 'magic brush'. This works a charm swabbing the switch contacts with Isoproply Alcohol then gently brushing them clean. I worked through my machine one problem at a time and related things then start working too.

I am trying to track down where a loose wire in my Delta Queen goes. Hoping somebody will respond that has a Queen, and can look at there machine in order to tell me where loose wire goes. If somebody is willing to look at there machine please respond..

Back
Top Bottom