What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Bally Corvwrecked (Corvette) Pinball Restoration

I like that. I also like the many rotisserie designs I see on here, if I was more of a fixer/restorer, I'd definitely get one. Well done sir.

Cheers @cooldan Its worked out better than i thought it would! Would love a proper rotisserie, but expensive to buy. Might make one some day lol

Dunc

nice work i like to put the wiring harness on first rather than all the hard wear as that makes it more tricky to get in to all the difficult spaces to solder things back on targets pop bumpers ect ect

Good tip there Chris. I need to get my wiring sorted out first by the sounds of things.

nice work i like to put the wiring harness on first rather than all the hard wear as that makes it more tricky to get in to all the difficult spaces to solder things back on targets pop bumpers ect ect

@chris b yeah, i kind of wish i had now, but too late now lol :D Plus, having everything on the underside already helps me locate where the loom goes and what goes where if that makes sence!

Dunc

exactly what im doing with mine ;)

Dunc
Our dishwasher seems to kick out some real heat and the programs run for almost 2 hours. I'm actually really hesitant to put anything in there at all.

However, i've just been and checked and I swear i'm going crazy. Having checked I find that I don't have any coils still hooked up to the loom at all.

Things that are connected still:

1. Rollover switches
2. Various bulb holders including some for GI and the flashers
3. Various targets which have similar sensors on them to those you find on the pop bumpers and so on.

So with that in mind it's probably safe to say I can strip all the bulbs out of their sockets and stick the lot in the bath.
Is there a quick wash or glass programme on it? If do it will do it in about 30 mins at about 35-40 degrees. So not too hot.

Unfortunately our dish washer only has 4 programs and even the 'quick wash' takes 2 hours.

Too late now anyway - they've been in there and no visible damage. I guess i'll find out if there's anything wrong when I come to power things back up but to my mind there shouldn't be any reason why the heat would cause issues with the coating they use on the wire. The bobbins all seem to be fine with zero warping too.

Afternoon all,

Long time no speak.

I shall be putting my Corvette pinball project up for sale if anyone is interested.

It hasn't progressed in the last 4 years, and is just taking up space in my shed.

Unfotunately i just don't have the time to complete this.

I will put a for sale add up later this week :)

Dunc

Back
Top Bottom