What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally 1969 On Beam restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumsticksplinter

Registered
Alias
Drumsticksplinter
Hi all, starting this thread as a progress log for my newly acquired em pin.

I’m completely new to pinball, but been wanting to own a machine for around the last 20 years. I finally got the opportunity to get hold of a nice old machine that could do with some tlc.

View attachment 248598

Physically, the machine is intact and serviceable and upon power up it sprung into life briefly before the smallest amount of 🔥 and smoke stopped all the fun….

Cosmetically, the cabinet is heavily nicotine stained, but mostly original with some battle scars. The playfield artwork is beautiful but worn in places, requiring some touch up. The back glass is in lovely condition with only some small chips of paint missing.

I have mulled over what the next steps for this machine should be and given that all of the rubbers are missing and or perished and some plastics are damaged, i would have to replace these to get the table working. I feel that given the cosmetic and mechanical condition, it’s got to be a quite intensive restoration job to do the machine justice.

I have started by stripping all the hardware off the playfield and cleaning the surface lightly but enough to remove the nicotine stains. It will need touching up, but I love the design of the original artwork.

I aim to get to the cabinet wiring next to find the cause of the fire, it seemed to be around what I think is called the “beam unit” a feature specific to this machine.

That’s all for now 👍

Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom