What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Balls, cleaning stuff and rubbers

VW Lee

Site Supporter
Hi to who ever reads this.
Im after some cleaning products. Ive found 3 bottles of Novus and cloths on amazon for about 20£ Are these ok to use on ramps etc?
Also after some new balls after finding 2 worn with dipples all over them. Are Polaris balls from pinball bazaar ok to use on GOTG?
Any recomendations on flipper rubbers? I feel the ball seems to skid across right flipper, It does look a bit shiny compared to the left one.
Many thanks.

Novus 2 is good for ramps and playfield surfaces. (You can also put plastic ramps in the dish washer believe it or not, as long as you take them out before the drying cycle.)

GOTG has magnets I seem to remember. Polaris balls are good for machines with magnets so they should be fine.

Flipper rubbers are a bit of a personal thing, much like boobs. Some people like the original material, some like silicon ones, it depends how bouncy you want them. Flipper rubbers are not expensive so it might be worth experimenting with a few different types to see what you like.

Hope that helps.

Novice 1 is a cleaner- Novus 2 and 3 have abrasive properties. I used a foam cleaning spray from PH to get rid of grubby dirt then novus 2 on the playfield. I’d imagine you’d only use novus 3 for scratches on plastics- not sure if this will dull your ramps’ finish?

Novus 2 is good for ramps and playfield surfaces. (You can also put plastic ramps in the dish washer believe it or not, as long as you take them out before the drying cycle.)

GOTG has magnets I seem to remember. Polaris balls are good for machines with magnets so they should be fine.

Flipper rubbers are a bit of a personal thing, much like boobs. Some people like the original material, some like silicon ones, it depends how bouncy you want them. Flipper rubbers are not expensive so it might be worth experimenting with a few different types to see what you like.

Hope that helps.
Thanks. Ill order some new balls.
Ill do a bit research on rubbers. I may just order rubber and silicon ones and try them like you say.
Cheers.

Novice 1 is a cleaner- Novus 2 and 3 have abrasive properties. I used a foam cleaning spray from PH to get rid of grubby dirt then novus 2 on the playfield. I’d imagine you’d only use novus 3 for scratches on plastics- not sure if this will dull your ramps’ finish?
Im getting very faint lines on the ramps off the balls. Thats why i thought the novus might be better than the spray foam cleaner
I may order them both and decide what works best when i try them.
Cheers.

I recently put Polaris in my MET PRO, which has a few magnets; all good, although maybe it's just me, but they feel a bit heaver when playing compared to whichever balls where previously installed when I received it?
Maybe I need to adjust the flipper strength (on default currently), as the balls can at time crawl up the left ramp a bit more than it should (PF angle it set at around 6.7 - feels a bit slow at anything much below that)
Could also be that the Pinhedz all in one cleaner waxer I bought the other month has slowed things down ( when it should be the opposite of course. Will be trying out separate cleaner/wax this week, as recommended by Neil, so hoping that provides a bit more zip )

I recently put Polaris in my MET PRO, which has a few magnets; all good, although maybe it's just me, but they feel a bit heaver when playing compared to whichever balls where previously installed when I received it?
Maybe I need to adjust the flipper strength (on default currently), as the balls can at time crawl up the left ramp a bit more than it should (PF angle it set at around 6.7 - feels a bit slow at anything much below that)
Could also be that the Pinhedz all in one cleaner waxer I bought the other month has slowed things down ( when it should be the opposite of course. Will be trying out separate cleaner/wax this week, as recommended by Neil, so hoping that provides a bit more zip )
I think ill weigh them see what the difference is. Dont no what i have already. Mines set at 6'7 also. Ill be waxing it over weekend ill look out for a change in play. These things I would never have thought about. Im a total noob so everything is a learning curve.
Cheers.

Perfect play rubbers (@James at pinball bazaar sells them over here) are a great alternative to titans, similar type of rubber, a good mix between the typical silicone and the traditional rubbers in feel, like titans I believe!

Perfect play rubbers (@James at pinball bazaar sells them over here) are a great alternative to titans, similar type of rubber, a good mix between the typical silicone and the traditional rubbers in feel, like titans I believe!
I’ve ordered some of them and some Polaris balls from there. Ill give them ago.

3M auto polish works well on playfields, better than Novus imho. Dishwasher is good for almost everything including plastics and wire looms. Just make sure you run it at low temperature without drying on plastic as parts will warp otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom