What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball popper cup

robtherich

Registered
My T2 just fired the ball popper cup out of the mechanism ! How is it attached to the plunger? i can't see anything in the manual ?
Cheers
Rob

Thanks kevlar for your help, didn't even notice the hole in the plunger , must put my glasses on . popper cap.jpg do you know if the roll pin fixes it in place or does it still allow it to move up and down on the plunger as you can see in the picture there is plenty of room for movement

That's probably for the independent movement required so the weight of the ball activates the switch. The ball wouldn't be heavy enough to weight the whole armature down against the main spring.

That original type of ball popper was prone to the roll pin working its way out of the armature. Often, while it was part-way out it would snag the blade of the 'fork' switch and cause false contacts, e.g. running a 'Match Up' on Earthshaker without a ball having dropped into the shelter/subway, or registering a lock and serving out another ball. Though I don't recall ever getting a multi-ball release on F-14 that way..

Last edited:
thanks for all your help fellas, Ive received the parts to fix it in the post from Andy today (quick as a flash delivery as always) 3 spring clips 1 spring and 1 dowel pin. Anybody know how to reassemble it?
I haven't found any of these parts in the cabinet following failure

Cheers

As I recall, this type 'simply' requires the cap placing on the tip of the armature, the slots aligned with the hole in the armature, and the pin pressed in. It's usually handier to release the entire coil/bracket from the playfield to do so. Take care when re-fitting not to affect the 'Y' shaped blade of the switch (though temporarily removing this also helps).

Rob, I assume you have the manual as that shows the breakdown of parts diagram. Good luck getting it back together.

Cheers Jay Walker & astyy I have a manual the diagram on page 88 (2-22) doesn't show any of the clips or spring, is there a more service oriented manual i wonder?

Last edited:
Going by the T2 manual, there's no need for either clips or a spring with this type. All that holds the cap onto the armature is the metal dowel pin; the tension in the switch blade holds the cap raised until a ball drops onto it, closing the contacts.

Back
Top Bottom