What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball Catching Monster Bash Phantom Post

Marcel

Site Supporter
So, on MB remake, shooting a ball up the left hand ramp, but not having enough power and instead of the ball continueing up the ramp onto the wireform, it returns back from whence it came, down the ramp and rather annoyingly, the game is poorly designed (or mine was) and the ball hugs the left hand side of the steel wall and catches the rear side of the Phanton Post switch. ie the switch appears to jut out from that left hand rail. This sends your ball into a loss of control hitting the pop bumpers and other game threatening mayhem. It is just not on!

Today I have just gone under the playfield and unscrewed the switch, there is not really any adjustment as there are parts very close by either side, more importantly, I really wasn't wanting to put unnessessary additional holes in the playfield.
So, the solution is to remove the switch from the palyfield underside (still soldered to wires), and with the switch in hand use some large mole grips, large not because of addidional force availabe, but because the head is big enough to get around the switches head "that screw holed head" and use it as resistance force against the switch legs (the long thin ribboned parts of the switch), thereby allowing you to bend sideways the legs at an angle to the base.

It took about 5 or 6mm of offset to get to a point I was happy with it, and now when the ball returns after that shot is unmade, it only just catches the rear of the switch and hits the right hand flipper tip, voila!

If you make a mess of it, your risking a switch, and you are not adding ugly new holes to the playfield underside.

Attachments

• 20231229_141916.jpg
    20231229_141916.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20231229_142524.mp4
    11.2 MB
  • 20231229_142355.mp4
    6.3 MB
Back
Top Bottom