What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backend upgrade of PHP

EDIT - Sorry... Now PHP 8.2 (may as well upgrade to the newest i have available)....

Seems to be a lot quicker at rendering pages now too.

Anyone else seeing more of the we had a problem with this page errors since the upgrade. Will grab a screen shot next time I see it but had it 3 times today when browsing back to the site, I think it was mentioned a while ago for mobile users but this is in chrome desktop.

Reactions: JT.
Anyone else seeing more of the we had a problem with this page errors since the upgrade. Will grab a screen shot next time I see it but had it 3 times today when browsing back to the site, I think it was mentioned a while ago for mobile users but this is in chrome desktop.
I've seen it a couple of times on PC now, too, using Brave, but that's built on the same engine as Chrome.

Screenshot 2023-09-09 133718.png

...and, just happened when first opening the site. Happened earlier today too. Firefox on PC.

Last edited:
I've always had it on my phone before the upgrade. Had it for the first time on the PC tonight though.

I used to get it on my phone if I reloaded a tab from a few days ago. Now I'm getting it a lot more sometimes when I load the forum fresh.

I have a strong suspicion that this was caused by the unscheduled (Well.. i said to the hosts it needs to be done AFTER the 9th... i didnt mean ON the 9th.... No-one told me until i got an email this morning saying it was underway) Server move from olde fashioned Disks to a new one that was prebuilt with sparkly new SSD's...

Please let me know if this continues tomorrow... In the meantime i'll take a look and see if i can see anything obvious :)

Cheers
Paul

I have a strong suspicion that this was caused by the unscheduled (Well.. i said to the hosts it needs to be done AFTER the 9th... i didnt mean ON the 9th.... No-one told me until i got an email this morning saying it was underway) Server move from olde fashioned Disks to a new one that was prebuilt with sparkly new SSD's...

Please let me know if this continues tomorrow... In the meantime i'll take a look and see if i can see anything obvious :)

Cheers
Paul
It was happening for me every time I opened the site yesterday, but today it's fine, so suspect you are spot-on Paul.

Yes i concur it's warp speed now. Page loads are instant.

There is something fishy going on though.... Server shows PHP 8.2, Myphpadmin shows 7.2.34

Something for them to check and confirm :)

As part of the recent migration we were back on 7.2.x for a couple of weeks... however now on 8.2.9... :)

As per usual... any issues please let me know!

Back
Top Bottom